Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "Say Hey, Willie Mays!"

"Say Hey, Willie Mays!"

Willie Mays' life on and off the field featured in new documentary

HBO Sports Documentaries is set to release a documentary film on Willie Mays entitled "Say Hey, Willie Mays!" The documentary, which will have its world premiere at the 2022 UrbanWorld Film Festival on Oct. 27, will be directed by Nelson George in conjunction with UNINTERRUPTED and Major League Baseball.

The documentary, which will debut on Wednesday, Nov. 8, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HBO and HBO Max, will follow five decades of Mays' life both on and off the field.

"Over the years, the fans have given me so much joy, and I am excited to express my thanks again through this wonderful documentary and its telling of the story of my career and life," Mays said of the film. "I have worked hard and been fortunate to do many amazing things over the course of my life, and I am excited and proud that the people who see this film, including younger fans who never saw me play, will have the chance to relive this great journey with me and have a few laughs along the way. Watching this documentary brought a proud and grateful smile to my face, and I hope everyone else enjoys it too."
    full story here:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/willie-mays...on-hbo-hbo-max

2. Likes:

757690 (09-29-2022),Chip R (09-30-2022),cumberlandreds (09-29-2022),goreds2 (09-30-2022),HokieRed (09-29-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Say Hey, Willie Mays!"

Giants fans hoping to catch a glimpse of Willie Mays the past two years have mostly been limited to second-hand stories and a few words from the living legend himself. Mays, 91, once a regular presence around the club, has been cautious to make public appearances since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.

But this week, Mays paid a surprise visit to the clubhouse, as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. Besides Wednesday, Mays’ only visit to the ballpark since the beginning of the pandemic came on his 90th birthday last May.
    https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/09...entary-on-hbo/

Turn Off Ads?