Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Barrero Called Up

Re: Jose Barrero Called Up

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I do love Farmer at 3rd.
    I wrote I but it came up You? Well there is no I in team unless your Dick Stuart or Alex Johnson.

2. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    How is striking out and being dominated by pitchers at the MLB level going to help. Obviously it is doing wonders for Aquino bat.

We are doing the same thing to Barraro that we are doing to Senzel figure it out in the majors just criminal development practice

Hey you cannot do basic geometry here lets promote you to calculus class
    I don’t even know where to begin. Thus, I cede the remainder of my time.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    How is striking out and being dominated by pitchers at the MLB level going to help. Obviously it is doing wonders for Aquino bat.

We are doing the same thing to Barraro that we are doing to Senzel figure it out in the majors just criminal development practice

Hey you cannot do basic geometry here lets promote you to calculus class
    Enough with blaming Reds brass while usually incompetent is not to blame for players who are not good enough.

People still blame Senzel on them?

And Aquino is a long line of swing and miss hitters. I mean I would rather have Reggie Taylor or Norris Hopper in their prime.

Barrero is in the Reds lineup tonight playing SS and hitting 8th

8. Likes:

757690 (08-03-2022),icehole3 (08-03-2022),JCM11 (08-03-2022),NebraskaRed (08-03-2022),Old school 1983 (08-03-2022),Rowsdower (08-03-2022),Roy Tucker (08-03-2022),SirFelixCat (08-03-2022),TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022),Tony Cloninger (08-03-2022),Tuff Nut (08-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I won't mind if he is not in the lineup tonight. You never know how travel can be but I hope he plays everyday after today.
    If he’s not starting then why send him to Miami for just this one game when he could have joined the team Friday in Mil?

Just curious. I guess the roster needs filled regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    It worked! Out positive vibes worked.

11. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022),TRF (08-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

13. Likes:

M2 (08-03-2022),Revering4Blue (08-04-2022)

I’d like to hear the reasoning why Reds brought up Barrero. He was at AAA to improve his hitting. Instead it’s become worse, strikeouts galore, and he gets a call up.

He’s a good defender but a big weakness with strikeouts. The number one agenda item should be his hitting development.

Maybe they think the big league coaching can help him. Reds know the young man, they speak to the minor league coaches, so maybe they have some info that warrants such a move.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-03-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I’d like to hear the reasoning why Reds brought up Barrero. He was at AAA to improve his hitting. Instead it’s become worse, strikeouts galore, and he gets a call up.

He’s a good defender but a big weakness with strikeouts. The number one agenda item should be his hitting development.

Maybe they think the big league coaching can help him. Reds know the young man, they speak to the minor league coaches, so maybe they have some info that warrants such a move.
    I’d counter that he wasn’t in AAA to improve his hitting, he was in AAA to get healthy. Even with the struggles this season he has a 793 OPS in 437 career AAA plate appearances. If he stinks the Reds have 30 or 40 more shortstops they’ve picked up in the last week

16. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022),TRF (08-03-2022),wlf WV (08-04-2022)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It’s getting to be “poo or exit the lavatory” time with him. No reason not to let him have an extended look.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Barrero was brought up so Steer can play SS in Louisville. Barrero has to sink or swim on his own at this point.
    Where we gonna go?

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-03-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-04-2022)

Farmer was hit twice yesterday. He's probably pretty beat up. Thus Barrero is called up now rather than Friday for the Brewers series.

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-03-2022),Ron Madden (08-03-2022)

I think it’s a perfect time for the club with all the recent trades.

Whether or not it’s a perfect time for Barrero? Probably not. But sometimes you don’t get to pick your opportunities. They pick you. Make the best of it. Reds need to show a lot of patience here.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2022),SirFelixCat (08-03-2022),TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022),wlf WV (08-04-2022)

He’s 24 and has had 1600 PAs in the minors. He’s not going to improve facing that competition. It’s possible that his K-rate and BB-rate will permanently relegate him to defensive-replacement duty. Somewhere, George Grande can call him, “manos de oro.” But his power/speed combo is very interesting. He deserves a look - and with EDLC, McClain, and Marte coming soon, it’s now or never.

Go get ‘em, kid.

25. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?