Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sports Pet Peeves

Re: Sports Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Guy View Post
    Basketball play-by-play announcers that refer to "a great defensive possession". There is no such thing. The offensive team possesses the ball. The defense has no possession.
    It should be referred to as a "Defensive set".
    Speaking of basketball at least in the pros.... the game revolving around the 3 point shot has ruined it

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can we PLEASE retire the word “trickeration” in college football? It stopped being cute or clever at least a decade ago.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

"Hang time". There is no such thing.

"We". I feel strong enough about the greed of owners and the lack of awareness among players that their jobs literally are described as PLAYING, that I cannot consider myself part of the team.

The alliance of professional teams with online betting. It just doesn't feel right that a local book cannot exist at the corner bar any more.

I'd say my biggest pet peeve is that a family of modest income cannot afford to go to a game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Double post...first time I've done that since 2000.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Announcers constantly trying to be funny. Who is this for? Is it for non fans. I want the game analysis not your comedy material. It’s worse during pre and post games or the NFL Live or Good Morning Football. Those cringy Boomer and Cowher back and forth. Open mic and comedy def jam amateur hour.

It kind of strikes me a little weird when someone spends their whole career with one team and then joins another team for like their last year or two. A little of what's going on with Joey Votto now. But I've always kind of thought like that. It still seemed strange to me Joe Flacco as a Brown last year even though he had a good year.

The worst and weirdest feeling was seeing Thurman Thomas as a Miami Dolphin or Randall Cunningham as a Dallas Cowboy. It just seems strange.

Turn Off Ads?