Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion pt. II

Re: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion pt. II

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Gotta be weird being 23 and knowing you will never sniff the HoF
    I don’t know, Big Papi was first ballot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-12-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    What a bummer for Padres fans. I feel really bad for all the kids who I am sure idolize him.

I know if I was 10, he probably would have been my favorite player.
    I know a handful of Padre fans. They will survive, they are they snakebite franchise, hell their first team president (Buzzy Bavis) was set up by O’Malley to be the Dodgers bobo.

They are a small and resilient group of sad humans

Preller: "I think we're hoping that from the offseason to now, that there would be some maturity. And obviously with the news today, it's more of a pattern and something we've got to dig a little bit more into.”

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

If you’re going on voters with negative Ped experiences that’s going to change.

Those are my peers, we will be retired or dead

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I don’t know, Big Papi was first ballot

Has Ortiz been the exception so far? Clemens resume is far superior to Ortiz and never officially failed a test yet he hasn't gotten in, fair or not.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

They are a small and resilient group of sad humans
    Doesn't that sort of describe us? Except I don't know how resilient I'll be following this tear down.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-13-2022),westofyou (08-12-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Tommy Pham has four doubles, three homers, nine RBI and one walk-off hit in 10 games with the Red Sox.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-13-2022)

I’ve never had an issue with a player in any sport using doctor monitored PED to help recover from an injury to get back on the field. Provided he’s off it once declared eligible to play. With how much money is at stake and dive properly I see no issue to help recover from injury.
    Injury.

13. Likes:

adkindo (08-13-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Idk - the tide has been turning on Bonds at the very least for a while. The conversation could change quite a bit in the 20+ years it’ll take for Tatis to hit the ballot.

Not really, I think by 23 most people know they will never make a Hall of Fame. I sure knew it by then. It is the rare ones who still think they will.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

16. Likes:

757690 (08-13-2022)

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/fernan...-for-cheating/

Not so long ago the brightest star in baseball, Fernando Tatis Jr. has turned out to be a fool who thinks everyone else is just as big a fool. Tatis was busted by MLB on Friday for taking an anabolic steroid, and reacted by issuing a statement that would only fly if the country had 100 percent illiteracy or everyone’s internet were permanently down.

Tatis said he “inadvertently” took the performance-enhancing drug Clostebol to treat ringworm, and apparently either he, his agent or his marketing guy thought the world would mistake Clostebol, the synthetic anabolic steroid he was caught with, for Clobetasol, an over-the-counter drug used to treat skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis. Clostebol is never prescribed for skin defects or ringworm.

18. Likes:

wally post (08-13-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    80 game suspension for clostebol which appears to be a synthetic steroid. I'm seeing past suspension for Dee Gordon and Freddie Galvis for the same drug. Tatis Jr. appears to be a bit of a dunderhead lol.
    Probably the best anabolic someone young and playing a sport like baseball or even basketball could take for performance with little negative side effects (or even visual effects). It does not aromatize and is fairly mild in regards to building muscle size. It will add some strength, and since it is basically a synthetic testosterone (mimics test), it should keep an athlete energized throughout a long season. It is not very common in gyms because it does not really add size, and there are superior PED's to "cut" with.....but in theory Clostebol would be ideal for a lean young athlete to enhance performance.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Man, it’s got to be horrible to be a Padres fan. Losing Tatis since last season for 20 months into next season, have a huge influx of talent at the trade deadline, only to promptly fall 4.5 games farther back in the standings, with the Brewers breathing down their necks for that last wildcard spot. And to beat it all, their farm system is decimated, leaving the future up for grabs.

They better hope that the Brewers have lots of games against the Cardinals and not too many games where they can mash on the Cubs, Pirates, and Reds the rest of the season.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I’ve never had an issue with a player in any sport using doctor monitored PED to help recover from an injury to get back on the field. Provided he’s off it once declared eligible to play. With how much money is at stake and dive properly I see no issue to help recover from injury.
    Injury.
    I think at some point in the future, this era's approach to PED's will literally be laughed at by a future generation. When I say this era's approach, I mean zero tolerance for everything and anything that might in some way enhance performance. Most items on the banned list are not remotely similar to DBol, Testosterone, etc., the common drugs "dudes" and "bro's" take at the local gym to get bigger arms. The problem is once these substances go on the banned, nearly all athletic related experimentation is shut down to the point where we never find out the benefits and side effects related to them short, medium and long term. The only thing worse than how we treat PED's in athletics (again, I mean treating them all the same in regards to punishment) is our overall lack of utilization/experimentation within our elderly population (mostly referring to GH and peptides). Our society and athletic fans, especially older fans, have been indoctrinated to believe PED's are beyond discussion.....and I do not find that ever a good place to be in discussing how natural and synthetic substances can improve life for segments of the population.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

22. Likes:

mth123 (08-13-2022)

Interesting item to add to Tatis's issue. Recall that he cut a deal with an investment firm for a up front payment with the firm getting a portion of his future earnings. I wonder how he will rectify the lost income with their expectations and contractual requirements

Turn Off Ads?