Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 8-6-22 Reds @ Brewers 7:15

Re: 8-6-22 Reds @ Brewers 7:15

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    If the Blue Jays put YYZ on their caps, I'm totally buying one.
    The game was telecast in the bar I was at... The 'Brew Crew' jersey looks like a softball jersey (my brother in law's team was the Brews Brothers)...

That said, as bad as last night's uniform was, NOTHING is worse than their Cub Scout hats and jerseys in dark blue and yellow.

And it looked like they got rid of the mascot sliding into a giant beer mug on every homer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As teammates stretched and played catch in left field before Saturday’s game at American Family Field, Jose Barrero was summoned for early work with hitting coach Alan Zinter at home plate.

it was one-on-one instruction for Barrero

Barrero took a lot of swings with Zinter. He hit off a tee. He swung at underhand tosses with Zinter protected by an L-screen 15 feet away.

He sprayed balls to left field, center field and right field.

The goal was shortening his swing and improving his posture, so he could recognize pitches better.

In the top of the fourth inning, Barrero was rewarded with his first career homer. Two innings later, he made it two career homers as he lifted the Reds to a 7-5 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.

"Batting practice isn’t everything, but he definitely took what he was working on into the game," Reds Manager David Bell said. "Usually, it doesn’t work like that. Usually, it’s kind of a delayed reaction. He took it right into the game. It speaks a lot to the kind of athlete he is.”

Barrero became the second batter in Reds history to hit his first two career homers in the same game, joining Harry Steinfeldt, who did it on July 31, 1900 at Boston, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

For better or for worse, the development of young players will be the most important part of Reds’ season following the trade deadline. The Reds need to give the 24-year-old Barrero time to adjust to Major League pitching and find out whether he’s their shortstop of the future.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/jose-barr...025420962.html

4. Likes:

JCM11 (08-07-2022),Tadasimha (08-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Alf_Red_E View Post
    The game was telecast in the bar I was at... The 'Brew Crew' jersey looks like a softball jersey (my brother in law's team was the Brews Brothers)...

That said, as bad as last night's uniform was, NOTHING is worse than their Cub Scout hats and jerseys in dark blue and yellow.

And it looked like they got rid of the mascot sliding into a giant beer mug on every homer.
    I like the blue cap with the yellow front panel, because it is like the road cap from the "Harvey's Wallbangers" teams from the early 80's. (Though the blue back then was closer to a royal blue.)

But it has to be worn with the gray (or preferably, powder blue) road uniforms.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?