Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Re: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My confusion is when you said "they all say his defense will be avg at best"...when one said it'd be above avg. But no biggie. Everything I'm hearing is that his defense is very subpar right now. I hope he applies himself and becomes something more than a DH. If Votto's not ready to begin the season then yeah, I'd like to see CES start the yr in Cin
    It did not state that his defense was above average. Did you click the link? It reads that OVERALL, hitting and fielding, he could be an above average 1B/DH. In the report, it notes that his fielding is not all that and a bag of chips.

2. Likes:

GAC (03-15-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

For the record I’m fine with giving CES some AAA at bats to start the year. Hopefully he mashes there for a few weeks like we expect and then there should certainly be room for him in the Reds lineup when he does, not like the lineup is full of world beaters.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

757690 (03-15-2023),mth123 (03-15-2023),Redhook (03-16-2023),Ron Madden (03-15-2023),westofyou (03-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It did not state that his defense was above average. Did you click the link? It reads that OVERALL, hitting and fielding, he could be an above average 1B/DH. In the report, it notes that his fielding is not all that and a bag of chips.
    I know "it" didn't. I was referring to GAC's post he where he stated it:

https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4517608

That's why my wording was in response to his post "you said". For the record, whoever said it, I hope they're right

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I know "it" didn't. I was referring to GAC's post he where he stated it:

https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4517608

That's why my wording was in response to his post "you said". For the record, whoever said it, I hope they're right
    Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    For the record I’m fine with giving CES some AAA at bats to start the year. Hopefully he mashes there for a few weeks like we expect and then there should certainly be room for him in the Reds lineup when he does, not like the lineup is full of world beaters.
    But he's also at Louisville to gain experience and improve his defense. That, IMO, is going to take more then a few weeks.

One never knows, as the season progresses and players hit the DL, and the need is there - added, he also is performing at AAA - he could be a call-up later in the season.
    Last edited by GAC; 03-16-2023 at 06:34 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Finally a CES highlight for this year. HR while the defense stands completely still. YAAAAY!

https://www.milb.com/video/encarnaci...layerid-687952

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-26-2023),Redhook (04-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by JKam View Post
    Finally a CES highlight for this year. HR while the defense stands completely still. YAAAAY!

https://www.milb.com/video/encarnaci...layerid-687952
    Ball was hit so hard it made me laugh.

Dude has insane power and it's power to all fields.

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-26-2023)

I'd like to see them be very aggressive with CES, assuming he continues to hit and stay healthy the next few games. There's no reason for a potential power bat like that to sit in AAA when the big league club can barely get it past the first row at GABP right now.

Fairchild would be my candidate to come to Louisville for awhile.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I would look to bring up McLain and CES in another week or two.

EDLC is going to need more time, possibly even the rest of this season in AAA.

16. Likes:

JCM11 (04-26-2023)

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But he's also at Louisville to gain experience and improve his defense. That, IMO, is going to take more then a few weeks.

One never knows, as the season progresses and players hit the DL, and the need is there - added, he also is performing at AAA - he could be a call-up later in the season.
    I do know that defense doesn't get better with game experience. It gets better with drudgery and repetition, drills and more drills. Either way, he can learn that over a couple of winters and a spring. His bat is going to play pretty soon.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I would look to bring up McLain and CES in another week or two.

EDLC is going to need more time, possibly even the rest of this season in AAA.
    EDLC has been crushing the ball just right at defenders unfortunately. I’m not too concerned, it’s basically an early spring training phase right now. If he’s still batting like this mid May I will start to get concerned.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-26-2023),Revering4Blue (04-26-2023)

Aristocratic Hoosier

As much as we want McLain to replace Newman, the truth is, Newman hasn't really done anything to play himself off the roster. You can argue that on any tree-stump platform you choose. McLain getting another 100 PA for the Bats isn't going to hurt him.
    Strand has had about a week's worth of PA.
    I want to see these guys in Cincy as much as anyone. That being my preference, a whole bunch of can't-miss guys are coming up and going back down. Baseball is a process.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    As much as we want McLain to replace Newman, the truth is, Newman hasn't really done anything to play himself off the roster. You can argue that on any tree-stump platform you choose. McLain getting another 100 PA for the Bats isn't going to hurt him.
    Strand has had about a week's worth of PA.
    I want to see these guys in Cincy as much as anyone. That being my preference, a whole bunch of can't-miss guys are coming up and going back down. Baseball is a process.
    Kevin Newman has a .572 OPS and sucks
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

HammerTime (04-27-2023),membengal (04-27-2023),Mitri (04-26-2023),OGB (04-27-2023),Revering4Blue (04-26-2023),TRF (04-27-2023)

CES is starting to heat up. #2 dinger of the year. 2nd in two days. Yesterday was a pull shot. Today's was an opposite field job. Effortless power.

https://twitter.com/LouisvilleBats/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by JKam; 04-27-2023 at 02:11 PM.

24. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-27-2023)

Turn Off Ads?