Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Re: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

2. Likes:

HokieRed (09-20-2022),Old school 1983 (09-20-2022),Redhook (09-20-2022),Sea Ray (09-20-2022),texasdave (09-20-2022),Tuff Nut (09-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I really like him, but boy, does he have a lot of bat wiggle while he waits for the pitch. I always thought that was a bad habit, but you certainly can’t argue with the results…
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I really like him, but boy, does he have a lot of bat wiggle while he waits for the pitch. I always thought that was a bad habit, but you certainly can’t argue with the results…
    Eh, I think a lot of players do that to stay loose before going into their load stance.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

6. Likes:

Redhook (09-20-2022)

CES featured on Uni-Watch today.

https://uni-watch.com/2022/12/05/red...mcu-jre6jEcLfo

"If Encarnacion-Strand makes it to the bigs, his 17-letter, 18-character surname would break the record for the longest NOB in MLB history."
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post

"If Encarnacion-Strand makes it to the bigs, his 17-letter, 18-character surname would break the record for the longest NOB in MLB history."
    Or, they could be cool and eliminate last names on baseball jerseys.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Easy power to all fields. This guy is going to hit a lot of bombs in GABP. The BB total has been really low since coming over to the Reds so that's something to watch. He does have 113 RBI in 121 games this year so maybe he doesn't have time for walks lol. I have Marte as the highest floor hitter in the Reds system with a close eye on what Collier does next year.
    The mlb.com top 100 prospects list is out and CES isn’t on it. I looked at the August 2022 list and he isn’t on that either. They give ratings on different aspects of a player’s game and they give CES’s power a 50, which is average. Really? 32 bombs and 113 steaks and they call that average? Anyways, fantrax produced a top 100 list and CES is #57. That’s more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiohaybaler View Post
    The mlb.com top 100 prospects list is out and CES isn’t on it. I looked at the August 2022 list and he isn’t on that either. They give ratings on different aspects of a player’s game and they give CES’s power a 50, which is average. Really? 32 bombs and 113 steaks and they call that average? Anyways, fantrax produced a top 100 list and CES is #57. That’s more like it!
    A lot of these lists look at overall tools package, so guys without great speed and iffy arms who may be relegated to corner positions are generally viewed lower than guys who can run and throw. It's hard to punt 2 of the 5 tools and rank very highly unless you have a can't miss impact bat. CES is an under the radar guy whose bat looks potent in the minors, but he does have a concerning K vs W ratio that indicates that big league pitching may give him trouble. I think the ranking reflect that. Since he's not an up the middle player, he needs to be a really good bat to be more than just a guy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Corner guys have always gotten short shrift with prospect guys. Especially would-be 1B/ DH sluggers.

14. Likes:

mth123 (02-07-2023),RED VAN HOT (02-07-2023)

Since the major league team isn't expected to do so well this upcoming season, I was totally looking forward to seeing CES highlights mashing anything thrown at him. Unfortunately it is reported he has a back problem and will be slow to come out at Spring Training. BOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post

His jersey will say Encarnacion for the Reds reportedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Seems like a poor man’s Albert Pujols. Comes out of nowhere, but hits and hits and hits some more.
    This guy is the real deal. Let’s see how the spring plays out, but he’s in good shape to be a starter come opening day.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

It’s kind of funny the definite best prospect in the org (EDLC) and maybe 2nd best (CES) don’t have much prospect pedigrees.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

CES is the hottest hitter in all of baseball.

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1632...C9naa1q6ktAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s kind of funny the definite best prospect in the org (EDLC) and maybe 2nd best (CES) don’t have much prospect pedigrees.
    EDLC does. He's top ten on some lists. CES not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    EDLC does. He's top ten on some lists. CES not so much
    EDLC does now, but 1.5 years ago he was a complete unknown and signed out of the Dominican for peanuts. I am referring to the fact EDLC was signed for peanuts and an unknown recently and CES was a 4th round draft pick.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?