Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Re: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That is some easy power, right there.

Probably not the best power in the system, but it's close.
    I agree, that was a EDLC type golf swing to dead center.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Three more hits today….dude just hits baseballs.

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-15-2022),Tuff Nut (08-15-2022)

I 'm just looking forward to seeing the clubhouse guys figure out the name on the back of the jersey. I mean Strange- Gordon and Saltalamacchia move over.

He does have easy power. A natural launch and lift swing. Likely low double play ground outs and plenty of sac flys / doubles in bigger ballparks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I 'm just looking forward to seeing the clubhouse guys figure out the name on the back of the jersey. I mean Strange- Gordon and Saltalamacchia move over.

He does have easy power. A natural launch and lift swing. Likely low double play ground outs and plenty of sac flys / doubles in bigger ballparks.
    Just more reason to rework the uniforms and have no names on the back. Lol

I think he's got a real shot at being a 40 HR guy in the middle of a lineup.

How nice would it be to have a .280/.350+/.550+ guy to pair with Stephenson from the right side for four or five seasons?

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-15-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-16-2022),sdwagers (08-22-2022),Sea Ray (08-22-2022)

It would be really cool if they put "CES" on the back of his uniform
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-16-2022),Tom Servo (08-16-2022),wolfboy (08-16-2022)

Christian Encarnacion-Strand home run 28 crushed a high FB.

12. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (08-22-2022),Old school 1983 (08-22-2022),Redhook (08-22-2022),sdwagers (08-22-2022),wolfboy (08-22-2022)

What are the Reds going to do with this monster he belongs in AAA along with EDLC.

14. Likes:

Redhook (08-22-2022),sdwagers (08-22-2022)

Just from clips posted on this board, I've seen CES hammer a low inside FB, a high off speed bending pitch and a high FB for homers. Haven't seen anything on the outside part of the plate, but if he can handle that his plate coverage is pretty good. This guy is going to be a fixture in the middle of the Reds lineup soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JKam View Post
    Just from clips posted on this board, I've seen CES hammer a low inside FB, a high off speed bending pitch and a high FB for homers. Haven't seen anything on the outside part of the plate, but if he can handle that his plate coverage is pretty good. This guy is going to be a fixture in the middle of the Reds lineup soon.
    pick things up at the two minute mark.

- - - Updated - - -

this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

17. Likes:

Redhook (08-22-2022),texasdave (08-22-2022)

Man, he has the look. I’m liking what I’m seeing!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

why is he still in AA? heck the Braves have promoted 2 players Harris and Grissom to the Majors from AA, why cant we promote him to the Reds and Release Moose??

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Man, he has the look. I’m liking what I’m seeing!
    I was just thinking the same thing. Dude just looks like a baseball player- a good one!
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. Dude just looks like a baseball player- a good one!
    The Chattanooga announcer was on the radio pregame show yesterday and he spoke glowingly about this guy. Really likes his baseball IQ and how he thinks about the situation of each AB and adjusts his approach accordingly. Says that we can expect to see him in Cincinnati at some point next year

pick things up at the two minute mark.

- - - Updated - - -

this one too.

Thanks for those clips. He mashed an outside fastball. I don't think there's a hole in his swing. How this guy is not more highly rated, I can't figure out. Just enjoy watching the clips of this guy murdering everything thrown at him.

Turn Off Ads?