Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Re: Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I think the other reason prospect gurus dismiss CES is because he didn't have great draft pedigree. But production matters. And CES has produced at a very high level everywhere he's been in the minors.
    The pedigree piece is the exact same reason EDLC is not far and away the number 1 prospect in baseball right now according to the various "experts".

You hear report after report after report after report of MLB scouts saying he is easily the number 1 prospect in baseball and "experts" are like "ehhhhh, 21st"
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The pedigree piece is the exact same reason EDLC is not far and away the number 1 prospect in baseball right now according to the various "experts".

You hear report after report after report after report of MLB scouts saying he is easily the number 1 prospect in baseball and "experts" are like "ehhhhh, 21st"
    Completely agree. CES was listed as like the 21st best prospect in the Twins organization. Makes you wonder if they even bothered to watch the guy.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Completely agree. CES was listed as like the 21st best prospect in the Twins organization. Makes you wonder if they even bothered to watch the guy.
    I would almost guarantee they did not. At best, he's been seen a limited number of times by would-be experts.

That said, his numbers shout.

I think he'll get some prospect love due to an OPS north of 950 across two levels (including the most difficult jump in baseball).

I'm also guessing he won't get the prospect love he deserves.

5. Likes:

wolfboy (09-01-2022)

If he continues this dominance to the big leagues I can't imagine any of us will worry about the disrespect he received from scouting services.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-01-2022),texasdave (09-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    CES is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite prospect in the org
    I really, really like this dude. I don't usually follow minor league baseball but I watch for highlights of this guy. He's special!
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

If he continues this dominance to the big leagues I can't imagine any of us will worry about the disrespect he received from scouting services.
    You overestimate some of us. I'll carry the grudge about Joey Votto's "slow bat" to my dying day.

10. Likes:

Rick Palmer (09-20-2022)

3-4, 2 RBI for those scoring at home. CEStronk.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-03-2022),SirFelixCat (09-05-2022),Tom Servo (09-03-2022),Tuff Nut (09-04-2022)

is it bad that I come here everyday for CES highlights and updates? asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-12-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Hey they really did us a solid, letting this dude slide to us for Mahle with a bum shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Feels like guys who can straight up mash but are limited to 1B/LF/DH get overly penalized when it comes to prospect rankings. Obviously, it’s great when a guy can play SS or CF AND mash, but those guys are very few and far between. A 1B who can OPS .850-.900 is at least as valuable as a solid defensive SS who can OPS .750 in my book, but it doesn’t usually feel like prospect rankings reflect that.

Absolutely love that there is a potential heir to the 1B spot that Votto has locked down for more than a decade in the system now.
    Sadly, I have to agree as my dreams of seeing a 290# Ruben Ibarra rumbling around the GAB basepaths slowly die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Hey they really did us a solid, letting this dude slide to us for Mahle with a bum shoulder.
    And Steer ain't a shabby toss-in either.

17. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    is it bad that I come here everyday for CES highlights and updates? asking for a friend.
    If it is bad, then I'm guilty too. WE WANT CES HIGHLIGHTS!!!!

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-13-2022)

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-17-2022),Redhook (09-18-2022),texasdave (09-17-2022)

Christian Encarnacion-Strand home run 32

23. Likes:

Redhook (09-18-2022)

He just continues to impress and I think his floor as a hitter is higher than anyone else they have in the minors. I also love his batting stance. It reminds of a young Votto.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Easy power to all fields. This guy is going to hit a lot of bombs in GABP. The BB total has been really low since coming over to the Reds so that's something to watch. He does have 113 RBI in 121 games this year so maybe he doesn't have time for walks lol. I have Marte as the highest floor hitter in the Reds system with a close eye on what Collier does next year.

26. Likes:

Mitri (09-18-2022),Old school 1983 (09-19-2022),RedTeamGo! (09-19-2022)

Turn Off Ads?