Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquino

Aquino

Am i the only one that believes he would have been gone if not for his stellar defense?

2. Likes:

elrojo (08-18-2022),Old school 1983 (08-08-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Aquino

Double post.
    Last edited by bamatank; 08-07-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Possibly. But he has the strongest arm in right field I can remember since Vlad Guerrero

Aquino is a plus and perhaps even plus plus defender in RF. It's too bad he can't hit a ball to save his life.

He's a AAA beast with a great nickname. His arm is a cannon. They should teach him how to pitch. The Reds should explore trading him to Japan where he likely would make millions and become a legend.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I know it’s a crazy small sample size, but since Aquino was called back up from AAA, on May 22, going back to his open stance, he’s put up a .732 OPS.

If he can do something like that, with his defense, he’s a decent 5th outfielder.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    but since Aquino was called back up from AAA, on May 22, going back to his open stance, he’s put up a .732 OPS.
    wow!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    wow!
    I understand the sarcasm, but it’s close to double what it was this season before he was sent down. I also doubt anyone thought it was that high.

I understand the sarcasm, but it’s close to double what it was this season before he was sent down. I also doubt anyone thought it was that high.
    Seems like such an obscure data point based on quantity of at bats relative to numerous periods of poor performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

If Aquino was on another teams roster we would mock them for flushing at bats.
    Go Gators!

14. Likes:

GAC (08-10-2022),REDREAD (08-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If Aquino was on another teams roster we would mock them for flushing at bats.
    Until he homered for the Cardinals in the 9th inning of a tied game to beat us.

I know it’s a crazy small sample size, but since Aquino was called back up from AAA, on May 22, going back to his open stance, he’s put up a .732 OPS.

If he can do something like that, with his defense, he’s a decent 5th outfielder.
    And how much more time and effort should Reds spend to see whether Aquino can maintain that decent fifth outfielder performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Seems like such an obscure data point based on quantity of at bats relative to numerous periods of poor performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not obscure at all. It comes after two relevant facts. He was called up from the minors, and he changed his batting stance back to the one he used when he went on his tear his rookie year.

It’s too small to draw any meaningful conclusions, but it’s not an obscure nor random data point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    And how much more time and effort should Reds spend to see whether Aquino can maintain that decent fifth outfielder performance?

There are around 2 months left in the season, and he’s not blocking anyone right now. Let’s see what he does in these two months, analyze the data and see if he deserves a 40 man roster space this off season. Nothing to lose at this point.

18. Likes:

Chip R (08-10-2022)

There are around 2 months left in the season, and he’s not blocking anyone right now. Let’s see what he does in these two months, analyze the data and see if he deserves a 40 man roster space this off season. Nothing to lose at this point.
    This is the difference between Moose and Aquino. It'd be different if the Reds had a stud OF in the minors. They do not.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

20. Likes:

elrojo (08-18-2022)

Personally, I was on the Aquino bandwagon after his historic August in 2019, even after the poor September, but now I'm getting tired of seeing him get overpowered at the plate.

I think he's probably better off taking his last chance in another organization. When his star was brightest, after the 2019 season they started him off the next year at AAA. He's had a few moments since, but never really gotten any traction. It's my theory that for whatever reason Bell does not like penciling his name in the lineup. Now after three years of hitting below .200 he no longer can make a case that he deserves more playing time. He seems to be very gifted physically and, as others have commented, is an asset defensively. However, 2023 will be his age 29 season and he's probably better off if he can get a change of scenery.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (08-12-2022)

Turn Off Ads?