Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Olivia Newton John

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: RIP Olivia Newton John

73 is too young, if you were alive then, you had a crush on her. What a talent, just a wonderful person.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (08-10-2022),Kingspoint (08-08-2022),marcshoe (08-09-2022),RedsBaron (08-08-2022),Revering4Blue (08-18-2022),Sea Ray (08-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    73 is too young, if you were alive then, you had a crush on her. What a talent, just a wonderful person.
    I had a huge crush on Olivia. I can still recall buying my first 8-track (yes, 8-track) of hers back in 1974, her If You Love Me, Let Me Know LP that included her signature hit, I Honestly Love You. I loved how she looked in a chambray shirt and jeans.
    In April of 1977, right in midst of studying for finals in my first year at Duke Law School, I learned that Oliva would be in concert in Raleigh, an hour way. The heck with studying for a legal career--I took the night off and saw her in concert, a decision I for which I never had regrets. I'm saddened to learn of her passing. As I've told my wife, I'm getting old, as most of my favorite entertainers are dead. R.I.P.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 08-08-2022 at 08:21 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

5. Likes:

goreds2 (08-21-2022),Kingspoint (08-08-2022),Revering4Blue (08-18-2022)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I had a huge crush on Olivia. I can still recall buying my first 8-track (yes, 8-track) of hers back in 1974, her If You Love Me, Let Me Know LP that included her signature hit, I Honestly Love You. I loved how she looked in a chambray shirt and jeans.
    In April of 1977, right in midst of studying for finals in my first year at Duke Law School, I learned that Oliva would be in concert in Raleigh, an hour way. The heck with studying for a legal career--I took the night off and saw her in concert, a decision I for which I never had regrets. I'm saddened to learn of her passing. As I've told my wife, I'm getting old, as most of my favorite entertainers are dead. R.I.P.
    This one hurt. She was just too sweet and perfect to die. I saw Grease so many times my my parents were worried. Had the poster, the 8-tracks, the vinyl, the 45s.

7. Likes:

Chip R (08-25-2022),goreds2 (08-21-2022),RedsBaron (08-19-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-22-2022),Sea Ray (08-19-2022)

Turn Off Ads?