Re: "Lose For Crews"

Fair enough.

I misread the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I placed here because it’s about the MLB team for rest of 2022 season

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I am generally anti-tank but since it’s already happening we may as well finish the job.
    Yeah this is where I'm at.

And sure sometimes you get a lemon like Senzel but look at the 2019 Draft, Lodolo has a future but at the moment I'd probably rather have Rutschmann or Witt Jr. "Play like **** for Witt" was my 2018 suggestion as i recall.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-10-2022),Mitri (08-10-2022),New Fever (08-20-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-10-2022)

I can agree MLB Draft is a crap shoot in general so go ahead and win as many games as you can.

However and the point was already made... as a 90+ loss team what's the difference between 3-4 games? Not much in the grand scheme of things but it could be the difference of a couple spots in the draft where you get your guy.
    “As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.”
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2022)

I despise losing and losing on purpose is what you do when playing with kids. With that said, the Reds would have the 5th pick in rd.1 now and they're only two teams with an easier schedule left.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb/reds
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    I despise losing and losing on purpose is what you do when playing with kids. With that said, the Reds would have the 5th pick in rd.1 now and they're only two teams with an easier schedule left.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb/reds

Players don't lose on purpose remember that. Whoever the Reds put out there is playing for their next contract. Now ownership is a different story.
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

9. Likes:

westofyou (08-10-2022)

Only losers lose for the sake of losing and once a loser loses for the sake of losing then he himself is lost

~ Mike Brady

I hate losing. And it’s not like the team will get Crews’ peak seasons (should he have any). Win now. Always win. Strategic losing perpetrates itself like sarcoma. I want them to win so much they get a really crap draft slot.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-10-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

12. Likes:

Big Klu (08-10-2022),Roy Tucker (08-10-2022),wlf WV (08-11-2022)

Meh, the Reds are going to lose 90+ games no matter what. There is a difference between rooting for a tank before the year starts and in August. The season is already over.

Do you honestly think there is any kind of difference between 67-95 and 64-98? (this is where you say "yes, 3 wins har har" but for real.
    I would argue that there isn’t much difference between finishing with the 3rd worst record and the 7th worst record, in terms of the player the team ends up drafting. Even before the lottery, the draft has always been a crap shoot. The Reds got one of the best players in the draft this year, while drafting 18th.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Right now the Reds have a chance to win on days Lodolo and Ashcraft pitch. If they don't bring Greene back this year and shut Ashcraft down before the season is over then I think the losses will happen without much effort.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I hate losing. And it’s not like the team will get Crews’ peak seasons (should he have any). Win now. Always win. Strategic losing perpetrates itself like sarcoma. I want them to win so much they get a really crap draft slot.
    Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser....Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed...the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-10-2022),Falls City Beer (08-10-2022),RiverRat13 (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Only losers lose for the sake of losing and once a loser loses for the sake of losing then he himself is lost

~ Mike Brady
    Again. And again. And again. Nobody is saying the Reds should lose on purpose. At this point, as a fan who has nothing to do with the team, I’d rather see them lose from here on out.

Is anyone, seriously, upset they lost today? Give me a break.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-10-2022)

Some people can't see the big picture... or too old and can't wait for a rebuild. I'll remind myself of this statement when I get of old age and start complaining

I personally think collecting as much high end talent as you can in the minors... building a strong system will benefit the Reds in the long run. Supplement these young teams with good free-agency pickups is the key to small market success.
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Again, it’s not “strategic losing” - I am just saying as a fan, at this point of the season, I am not even remotely upset at L’s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would argue that there isn’t much difference between finishing with the 3rd worst record and the 7th worst record, in terms of the player the team ends up drafting. Even before the lottery, the draft has always been a crap shoot. The Reds got one of the best players in the draft this year, while drafting 18th.
    The team that finishes with the 3rd worse record has the exact same odds as the team who finishes with the worst record to get the number 1 overall pick.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Again, it’s not “strategic losing” - I am just saying as a fan, at this point of the season, I am not even remotely upset at L’s.

- - - Updated - - -

The team that finishes with the 3rd worse record has the exact same odds as the team who finishes with the worst record to get the number 1 overall pick.
    It is strategic losing. The FO created this losing machine. I hope they defy the FO by winning a ridiculous number of games.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Some people can't see the big picture... or too old and can't wait for a rebuild. I'll remind myself of this statement when I get of old age and start complaining

I personally think collecting as much high end talent as you can in the minors... building a strong system will benefit the Reds in the long run. Supplement these young teams with good free-agency pickups is the key to small market success.
    I think some people are too young to understand that futility is its own force. If you like collecting prospects, fine. But don’t pretend that that will equal future winning seasons. The relationship between farm ranking and future success for this franchise is tenuous at best.

24. Likes:

wlf WV (08-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?