Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lose For Crews"

Re: "Lose For Crews"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I don’t like tanking. The more games you lose, the farther it is to come back. And the longer it takes. Losing is a bad habit that I’d rather not start on purpose.
    Would love to see a winning month of September ignited by players under the age of 27.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

From everything I can tell, the FO plans to punt 2023. Why not root for them to lose all next year too?

The best approach is to always win. When you do, and the front office chokes on its own spit, it’s the front office that looks stupid and has interstate billboards taken out on them and owners’ sons embarrassing themselves.

When you lose, well no one cares. You become invisible. And ownership never acts. We’re in that spiral now. And prospects by themselves will not break that cycle. Only a new GM, a new owner, or a miracle on the field will. But losing always guarantees more losing. Every time.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-10-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-10-2022),Roy Tucker (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    From everything I can tell, the FO plans to punt 2023. Why not root for them to lose all next year too?
    I hope they do not do that for 2023, not what I’m talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Would love to see a winning month of September ignited by players under the age of 27.
    What players under the age of 27?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

It is strategic losing. The FO created this losing machine. I hope they defy the FO by winning a ridiculous number of games.
    I am not talking about the FO

I hate losing.
    Did you honestly follow the loss today? Did you know something called TJ Zeuch started the game today? This season is already over. It ended a couple months ago, but definitely on August 2nd and 6pm. Are people really following the games at this point? The vast majority of the players on the roster right now will have nothing to do with this team (or any team) going into 2023. Like, we really need to make sure Alejo Lopez, Hunter Strickland, and TJ Zeuch understand how important winning every game is?

Do folks on here know the Reds still have the oldest lineup in baseball? These aren’t kids they are trotting out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Did you honestly follow the loss today? Did you know something called TJ Zeuch started the game today? This season is already over. It ended a couple months ago, but definitely on August 2nd and 6pm. Are people really following the games at this point? The vast majority of the players on the roster right now will have nothing to do with this team (or any team) going into 2023. Like, we really need to make sure Alejo Lopez, Hunter Strickland, and TJ Zeuch understand how important winning every game is?
    No I was working but I hate it. I need this organization to show a pulse. The longer it doesn’t, the longer the front office refuses to act.

I’d say plenty of players in this organization will be integral to next year. Do you see the front office signing a bunch of non-organizational talent in the off-season? Lol. They’re going to see the season ticket package numbers and keep the payroll at probably $80 million or so. It’s going to be sink or swim with these kids.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-10-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I've been following them, today though I was working and so I missed most of it. Outside of the last three games they have been winning too. Yeah they suck, but I like taking 2 out of 3. Even if Matt Reynolds is the guy doing it

10. Likes:

757690 (08-10-2022),Ron Madden (08-10-2022)

No I was working but I hate it. I need this organization to show a pulse. The longer it doesn’t, the longer the front office refuses to act.

I’d say plenty of players in this organization will be integral to next year. Do you see the front office signing a bunch of non-organizational talent in the off-season? Lol. They’re going to see the season ticket package numbers and keep the payroll at probably $80 million or so. It’s going to be sink or swim with these kids.
    No, I think they are going to promote players and add a bunch of fringe FAs and suck major ass. But, the point people put forward was these players need to understand “how to win” - many of the players on the current 26 man roster will not be in this org next year. Guaranteed. Not saying that as a positive. Just reality.

As for the game today. This must be generational or maybe I’m crazy. I checked the score a few times I was working and flat out laughed every time I saw the update. Doesn’t even remotely register as mattering to me at this point.

Here’s a hypothetical.

Last game of the season. If the Reds win they finish with the 5th worse record. If they lose they finish with the 3rd worst record. I laid out earlier what that means. You are legit rooting for the W?

L
    No, I think they are going to promote players and add a bunch of fringe FAs and suck major ass. But, the point people put forward was these players need to understand “how to win” - many of the players on the current 26 man roster will not be in this org next year. Guaranteed. Not saying that as a positive. Just reality.

As for the game today. This must be generational or maybe I’m crazy. I checked the score a few times I was working and flat out laughed every time I saw the update. Doesn’t even remotely register as mattering to me at this point.

Here’s a hypothetical.

Last game of the season. If the Reds win they finish with the 5th worse record. If they lose they finish with the 3rd worst record. I laid out earlier what that means. You are legit rooting for the W?
    Of course I’m rooting for the win. Prospects are hypotheticals and it’s not even any kind of guarantee they’ll sign that draft pick.

Of course I’m rooting for the win. Prospects are hypotheticals and it’s not even any kind of guarantee they’ll sign that draft pick.
    I root for games, not drafts

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-10-2022),Falls City Beer (08-10-2022),Ky Fried Redleg (08-23-2022),Roy Tucker (08-10-2022)

The best approach is to always win. When you do, and the front office chokes on its own spit, it’s the front office that looks stupid and has interstate billboards taken out on them and owners’ sons embarrassing themselves.

When you lose, well no one cares. You become invisible. And ownership never acts. We’re in that spiral now. And prospects by themselves will not break that cycle. Only a new GM, a new owner, or a miracle on the field will. But losing always guarantees more losing. Every time.
    dunno. not always. not if you backfill right. Literally watching Orioles come out of a four year death spiral and the core of their future is almost up but not up yet.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    dunno. not always. not if you backfill right. Literally watching Orioles come out of a four year death spiral and the core of their future is almost up but not up yet.
    Yeah, and you can point at other examples as well like the Tigers losing 119 games and being in the World Series a few years later.

Losing most certainly does not guarantee more losing. However, I would argue mediocrity tends to guarantee more mediocrity

“Only a Sith deals in absolutes” - Obi Wan Kenobi

I hope they do not do that for 2023, not what I’m talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

What players under the age of 27?
    Anyone who has a chance to be here next year and can build on the success from the end of this season, whether they are in AA, AAA, on an injured list or on the Major League Roster, or picked up as a DFA'd player from another club.

- - - Updated - - -

But, they never tanked.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Anyone who has a chance to be here next year and can build on the success from the end of this season, whether they are in AA, AAA, on an injured list or on the Major League Roster, or picked up as a DFA'd player from another club.

- - - Updated - - -

But, they never tanked.
    The orioles never tanked? Wut?

Sure, it can help or it can be pi$$ed away. Win today. I seriously don’t care what this organization succeeds or fails at in the draft. They can draft this guy Crews and not sign him. It would seriously track with this organization’s history.

The only real strong correlation between rosters and winning is having a very high number of talented players on the 26 player roster. You can get there a million ways. Being cheap and hoarding prospects is just that. Nothing else.

Turn Off Ads?