Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: India injury update 8.12.22

Re: India injury update 8.12.22

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Ideally I would say next year's deadline on an India trade, and that's if he's playing well to build his value up. Now if a team wants to give up the goods(to me that means MLB ready SP) this off season then I'd be open to moving him then but would be weary of selling low. I don't see India as a cornerstone guy to throw a long term deal at. I don't think his defense will age well, and I question his bat at a corner IF spot. Plus the Reds have a million good looking IF prospects in their system.

The key here is timing and how many of our IF prospects look MLB ready. By this time next year I could easily see McLain, Steer, and Elly being ready with possibly Strand and Marte in the mix as well. If you can move India for SP then replace him in house then I'd do it.
    this is exactly what i'm saying. i'm not advocating to trade india for the sake of trading him (in fact, i love the guy and he's fun to watch play for the reds). but with the amount of good middle infield prospects the reds have, if they can get a team to give them a monster return for india, that conversation should definitely be in play. i bet the reds won't trade him, because they would demand a huge return and likely would not get one, but all it takes is one team who really needs a guy like india (a very valuable ballplayer under team control for 4 years after this one), falls in love with him and offers the reds a deal they cannot refuse. that's all i'm saying. i'm not saying "reds should try and trade india." just saying it's a possibility it might happen this offseason IMO due to the amount of good middle infield prospects the reds have and because i still think india has a lot of trade value even after this sophomore slump (which is mostly about injuries IMO and i bet front offices of opposing teams would feel the same way).

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-12-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

As far as handling India it makes no sense to trade him now. He is coming off a poor year has 4 years of control. And no one is ready to replace him. We have only two legit position players ready India and Stephenson and not enough to fill the rest in the next two years.

The decision on what to do with him is likely a year or two away. Then you should decide to extend and buyout arbitration years in not then do what they did with Mahle and Castillo

I think this is a way to create Indians/Rays/A's/Brewers small market approach.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-13-2022),Roy Tucker (08-13-2022)

I really hope we do not trade India.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

mbgrayson (08-12-2022),REDREAD (08-13-2022)

Why trade India? When will they start BUILDING a winner with good players instead of yearly trade offs? This will make a winning season or a play off team Many years down the road road!! I'm sick of waiting for a future when it's been since 1990 when they were last in a world series!! Need new ownership

9. Likes:

TNRED (08-12-2022)

An India in hand is worth two in the prospect bush.

With relatively few exceptions.

I have no issues with trading India if the return makes sense, but I also have no issues trading naming rights to GABP if a team threw in enough high end talent.

My biggest concern would be trading India after a down year....Even with the years of control left I would expect any return to be underwhelming.

India is cheap, controllable, and his value is lower now than it has been since he was viewed as a bust in the minor leagues. He isn't the guy I would shop around unless he goes off the rest of the year to reestablish value.

If you are going to deal India it means one of three things...

1) You are getting back a similar Major League talent that better aligns with the teams current need....which could make sense if you are getting back a similar potential 3+ years of control SP. I have to believe that most teams would rather keep the pitching though, seems easier to find a stop gap 2B than cheap high potential arms.
    2) The Reds are admitting that the current rebuild is an extended process and there is no need to tune in to watch until 2026....which is possible, but it feels like PR suicide after opening day 2022.
    3) The Reds are really confident in the current minor league MI talent to move through the system quick....which just seems like an odd reason to me. India has some position flex as do most of the SS prospects in the minor leagues right now. Drop Moose to free up the DH spot if you have too, but lets not pretend that this lineup is so loaded with talent that we cant find a spot in the lineup for India.

Yeash, a guy has a sophomore slump in a lost year while dealing with some injuries and wear and tear after his first real full season (in which he won ROTY) and half of Redszone is shopping him?

Tough crowd.

13. Likes:

Banshee (08-12-2022),Benihana (08-12-2022),herbdizzle (08-13-2022),Larkin Fan (08-12-2022),mbgrayson (08-12-2022),wlf WV (08-13-2022)

All we can hope is that he’s not Joe Joe Charbaneou and more Paul Molitor with injury issues. Of course I said that about Senzel too and then realized he was Pete Reiser with Health luck. But definitely not the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i understand you guys are skeptical about my post. i get it. i just think it might be more of a possibility than some of you think. and if india doesn't get traded, maybe matt mclain or someone else does. this glut of middle infielders will work itself out, and that process could start as early as this offseason with a trade.

again, the only way i trade india is if you get a hell of a return for him. so, it likely won't happen, but it could be a possibility.
    I think some guys get converted to OF. My updated guess at how it shakes out.

C - Stephensom
    1B/DH McGarry/Encarnacion-Strand
    2B McLain
    SS Barrero
    3B Steer
    LF India
    CF De la Cruz
    RF Marte

There really is no one else inthe pipeline other than Arroyo who may replace Barrero or force some positions to switch.

If any of those guys don't work out, it will be players from outside the roster. I don't see guys like Hinds, Callihan, Hendrick etc becoming regular players. Hope I'm wrong about that.

I'm much more worried about the long term rotation.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I really hope we do not trade India.
    I hope we don't, either, but he's not a leadoff hitter. Maybe the injuries explain his lack of speed out there at 2B.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    I hope we don't, either, but he's not a leadoff hitter. Maybe the injuries explain his lack of speed out there at 2B.
    Of course....if there is one thing Reds fans know its that your CF bats leadoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i do wonder if the reds will trade india during the offseason. even though this has been a disappointing year for him (mainly due to injuries) he still would have a lot of trade value coming off his ROY season and with 4 years of team control left after this year. now, if the reds didn't have so many middle infielders knocking on the door, it would be crazy to trade india. but matt mclain is basically only playing 2B now for the lookouts and could be ready for MLB as soon as next year. spencer steer has also been playing a lot of 2B (and 3B). then of course there is barrero at short, EDLC on the verge of being an MLBer as he has continued to rake at AA after his promotion from A+. only 20 years old, but i could see him being with the reds at some point next year. marte is probably 2 years away, but that's another good middle infielder in the system that could play SS, 3B or 2B.

add it all up and i won't be surprised if the reds move india. presuming they get an excellent return for him.
    Not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, Diaz on the other hand? If I were the Reds, I'd quietly see what I could get for him. They don't need a closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, Diaz on the other hand? If I were the Reds, I'd quietly see what I could get for him. They don't need a closer.
    Not sure if you've noticed, but they really haven't used his as one.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Yeash, a guy has a sophomore slump in a lost year while dealing with some injuries and wear and tear after his first real full season (in which he won ROTY) and half of Redszone is shopping him?

Tough crowd.
    To be fair, he'll be expensive by the time the Reds are decent again, may as well skip right to the shopping part.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were the Reds, I’d actually focus on the pen in the off-season. The Reds should have multiple at least MLB starter quality prospects hitting the MLB level next year. If they gel and play well, you might be able to make a run with a pen. Also a good pen would help save innings on the younger arms. Not only should the Reds keep Diaz IMO, they should try to add to him.

22. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (08-13-2022)

Turn Off Ads?