Turn Off Ads?

Thread: catcher signal ?

catcher signal ?

So I am sure I am really late to the party with this one-I don't catch much MLB anymore to have noticed it before last night.
    I noticed the catchers don't give traditional signals to the pitcher anymore, looks like a keypad os some sort on their shinguard now? How does the pitcher receive the signal? I am guessing this was done in response to the Astros? I was impressed watching the Cubs catcher, would cover with his glove and key it in, but never looked down to see what he was doing.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: catcher signal ?

Also, if you watched the Field of Dreams game, Smoltz emphasized that who the Catcher is, as far as working with the Pitcher during a game, is extremely huge. This comes from, as Joey put it, a 1st-Ballot HOF, a King of Kings. This always is undervalued by most fans, especially those who try to judge Catchers with analytics, as there simply aren't any analytics to measure what Smoltz is talking about.

It irritates the heck out of me how so many here think they know more than John Smoltz about the value defensively of a Catcher, and their only justification is that if they can't see it, it must not be true. How about they don't have a clue about what they are talking about? That's the answer.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?