Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Media Detox

Re: Social Media Detox

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I actually love LinkedIn as a way to keep track of what a bunch of random people from my life are currently doing (which I guess is what Facebook is for many/most), but I never actually look at it and the things people write about each other on there. Back when I did, I agree that it was mostly incredibly obnoxious.
    Linkedin is the only social media I do where my identity is out there. And that my profile is pretty bare but by the end of this year/next year I think there's a good chance I'll be in the market for a new job. So yeah I'm gonna try and bolster my profile up a little.

But some people on their profiles come across as complete tools to me imo. Plus more and more my connections post obnoxious things in general. A couple posters I blocked including some family members.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Certain social media websites serve me well via business related accounts.

As for the desire to create personal accounts - especially Facebook - nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Yes. I have been "social" media free for almost 2 years.

I deleted facebook and instagram. Never had twitter and quit linkedin because it served me no purpose. Not to sound cliche but it's been an eye opener for sure. I only post on message boards for my internet socializing.

5. Likes:

goreds2 (08-30-2022)

I deleted all that stuff over a decade ago. I'm 38 now, so imagine how that went over with my friends then. I saw what it was becoming and wanted out. Sports message boards are my lone social outlet.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (08-30-2022),ShyGuy (08-29-2022)

Turn Off Ads?