Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 8-14-22 Reds vs Cubs 1:40

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 8-14-22 Reds vs Cubs 1:40

Man it’s fun to watch Almora play OF defense.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-14-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If Senzel’s out, I’d like to see Friedl get another shot, except Friedl’s been out lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    You couldn't out kick me on you're best day. So I'd give it a rest. Nobody wants to see two people bicker back in forth in the game thread
    I say Dunn sucks. You like him. We will just agree to disagree.
    Results is what matters. Regardless of whose boyfriend he is, he sucks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd pay Joey $1000 to change his music from Dolly to Rush .
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Why exactly are we making any big pronouncements (positive or negative) about Dunn after so few innings pitched?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If Senzel’s out, I’d like to see Friedl get another shot, except Friedl’s been out lately too.
    Rather see Friedl than Fairchild.

I must have blinked and missed the Senzel injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Why exactly are we making any big pronouncements (positive or negative) about Dunn after so few innings pitched?
    I have not made any grand proclamations. I said I liked him in and I think he’s either still injured or just rusty. That’s it. I think I also said I hoped he could grab the #4/5 spot in the rotation next season.

9. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-14-2022)

Really like Almora too. No idea what next year’s roster will look like, but I hope he’s on it.

11. Likes:

icehole3 (08-14-2022)

Sadak rants and raves about the play Farmer just made. Routine for a major league 3b men. But for some odd reason Reds announcers always have to pump up Farmer to the fans
    News flash Sadak. Farmer is below average in every phase of the game. Bat, Speed, Power, Range, Arm all below average.
    All true maybe, but like it or not Farmer is about our 3-4 best position player consistently this year…what is Sadek and Larkin supposed to say on the broadcast, point out all the negatives? There is a difference between a Reds Zone poster’s job and and a Reds employee don’t you think.

We all wanna see Dunn do well. I hope he shoves my He sucks down my throat and wins 100 games as a Red.

14. Likes:

757690 (08-14-2022),Banshee (08-14-2022),icehole3 (08-14-2022),NebraskaRed (08-14-2022),TheBigLebowski (08-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    All true maybe, but like it or not Farmer is about our 3-4 best position player consistently this year…what is Sadek and Larkin supposed to say on the broadcast, point out all the negatives? There is a difference between a Reds Zone poster’s job and and a Reds employee don’t you think.
    I think they go over board. Nothing wrong with simply saying. Nice play Farmer. They go so far over the top with it though. Sadak and Larkin.

They have to be telling Barrero to stop swinging for the fences with every pitch, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Really like Almora too. No idea what next year’s roster will look like, but I hope he’s on it.
    Call me crazy, silly. uninformed...I'd like to see Aquino 1 more year. His defense is pretty good.

18. Likes:

wlf WV (08-14-2022)

We all wanna see Dunn do well. I hope he shoves my He sucks down my throat and wins 100 games as a Red.
    Yep. But you simply stated the obvious. AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, he sucks. Hope that changes and he wins a Cy Young and wins 200 games. I also hope I'll be dating a 25 y.o. fashion model next week. None of those things are likely.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 08-14-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Barrero takes advantage of a horrible 0-2 pitch with an RBI knock.

21. Likes:

icehole3 (08-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    nm
    He seems a little grumpy again.

Turn Off Ads?