Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Um… seriously, is Votto okay?

Um… seriously, is Votto okay?

Is he injured? Psych issues? Old age? No motivation? All of the above? Send him to the cardinals? This is a sad end to his playing career. I do think he will make a great broadcaster. I just hope he makes the hall of fame despite this season.

2. Likes:

Kevin1476 (08-17-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Um… seriously, is Votto okay?

in before fancy coffee reference

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    24m

David Bell on Joey Votto:
    "He’s definitely getting to a point where he’s looking, every single day, non-stop, to make the right adjustment. He has done it so many times, it’s one click away "... We all know this, but Joey continues to work and work and work until he figures it out. That’s what will happen."

6. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan in nyc View Post
    Is he injured? Psych issues? Old age? No motivation? All of the above? Send him to the cardinals? This is a sad end to his playing career. I do think he will make a great broadcaster. I just hope he makes the hall of fame despite this season.
    It’s not sad, it’s just an ending. It’s crazy he put together the 2021 season. Dude turns 39 in a month. So do I, and my feet and knees hurt for 24 hours after running 3 miles. Can’t imagine playing baseball 162 days out of 180 or whatever it is.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 08-16-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Chip R (08-17-2022),HammerTime (08-17-2022),Redsfaithful (08-17-2022)

prb fell into the same rut the team did after the trade deadline.. No URGENCY to win any time soon!!

I’d sit him for 3 days. He needs a break.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-17-2022)

He's done. They're not going to be contending for probably 2-3 years. He's not going to be around then. Votto has that look of a dog who's been declining in health, suddenly has a second wind and is barky and playful, but everyone knows what's coming. Then one day it's time to put old feller down
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Ahem.

Votto still bangs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Votto will post a plus .800 OPS in September.

But I agree with Roy, he needs a break. He is clearly pressing, being way too aggressive. He needs time to breathe.

He is still much higher than you'd think in terms of EV, barrel rate, and hard hit rate. But has dropped vs last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    He's done. They're not going to be contending for probably 2-3 years. He's not going to be around then. Votto has that look of a dog who's been declining in health, suddenly has a second wind and is barky and playful, but everyone knows what's coming. Then one day it's time to put old feller down
    Ok

17. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (08-17-2022)

Makes me sad there will likely not be another good Votto year that goes with a good Reds team. One of the all time great Reds that management wasted some unbelievable years.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-17-2022),wlf WV (08-17-2022)

Good Votto story, some would say it's a good old dog story.

I was listening to the Detroit -Cleveland game the other day and the Tiger announcers were discussing the Tigers recent troubles and how much of it centered on their inability to hit fastballs. Apparently manager Hinch was watching the Field of Dreams game and he was taken by Joey's description of MLB being a league that you had to learn how to time the fastball if you wanted to succeed at all. He took that clip and sent it to everyone on his team, said it was a large piece of truth that he felt needed to be shared and considering the source he thought that resonated.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-17-2022),757690 (08-17-2022),Assembly Hall (08-17-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-17-2022),Revering4Blue (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-17-2022),Roy Tucker (08-17-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-17-2022)

Joey needs more days off. Unfortunately we're so short on talent right now that even replacing a 1B is challenging

Votto will have a good 2023. At least I think so. He is always adjusting. Right now he is in the middle of making adjustments. He always looks bad till he figures it out.
    I think he bounces back and has around a .800 OPS season next year.

Turn Off Ads?