Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Observations from last nights game

Observations from last nights game

Talent differential between the 2 teams was visible.

Word must be out to away teams that good tickets are available @GABP. There were a *lot* of Phillies fans there last night.

Parking is cheap even close up to the stadium. Competition must be stiff.

No food or beer vendors walking the aisles inside the stadium. If you want something, you have to go get it.

After the game, my wife (who isn’t a baseball fan) said “jeez, you weren’t kidding, they really are bad”.

No traffic driving home on I-71.

I’m not paying any more money to see the Reds play if this is all the better they can do.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

Chip R (08-17-2022),cumberlandreds (08-17-2022),REDREAD (08-17-2022),Sea Ray (08-17-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Observations from last nights game

They were a .500 team before the flurry of trades. Now they're back to being that team that opened 3-22

Things "might" improve or at least get more interesting with Sept callups

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-17-2022),REDREAD (08-17-2022)

This lineup is what tanking will give you for years (instead of post trade purge for 6 weeks) I certainly want zero to do with that approach

I only saw a few bits of the game near the end. Looked like a bad game to see.
    Sorry that you saw a stinker Roy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Such is life. I’ve seen a lot of games, good, bad, and indifferent. But the beer was cold and the hot dogs hot and my wife was nice to me because it’s my birthday week. A pretty good evening all-told.

I did get a post game survey from the Reds. I laid into them pretty hard. Which will make zero difference but I felt better for venting. The game day experience was fine but obviously the team is awful.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Chip R (08-17-2022),cumberlandreds (08-17-2022),pedro (08-17-2022),REDREAD (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They were a .500 team before the flurry of trades. Now they're back to being that team that opened 3-22

Things "might" improve or at least get more interesting with Sept callups
    What September callups? Only allowed 2 now.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    What September callups? Only allowed 2 now.
    That's a good point. We'll see how they navigate these new Sept rules. My guess is that they'll be shuffling more than 2 players but we'll see

13. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's a good point. We'll see how they navigate these new Sept rules. My guess is that they'll be shuffling more than 2 players but we'll see
    Let's hope so. Need some young hungry players to finish out the year.

Averaging winning one game per series from here on out might be a realistic hope.

15 pitches and a zero, not bad.

Went with my stepdaughter last night. About halfway through she was like, "Is it just me or is this game taking a long time to play?" Looking at the slash lines on the big scoreboard of some of these guys - especially the ones at the bottom of the order just makes you shake your head. Almora was about the only bright spot last night. Two great catches in CF and some good hitting. The Reds could do worse than him in CF next year. I'm not sure that there were a lot of Phillies fans there last night but due to the lack of Reds fans, it made it seem like there were. I don't think that had any more fans there than the Cubs, Cardinals or Braves have. But they seemed to be all congregated together and they certainly had more to cheer about than Reds fans did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

REDREAD (08-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Talent differential between the 2 teams was visible.

Word must be out to away teams that good tickets are available @GABP. There were a *lot* of Phillies fans there last night.

Parking is cheap even close up to the stadium. Competition must be stiff.

No food or beer vendors walking the aisles inside the stadium. If you want something, you have to go get it.

After the game, my wife (who isn’t a baseball fan) said “jeez, you weren’t kidding, they really are bad”.

No traffic driving home on I-71.

I’m not paying any more money to see the Reds play if this is all the better they can do.
    I went to OD with Chip, which I always enjoy; but haven't been back since. I do want to go down one more time because I do enjoy sitting and watching a ball game, and the atmosphere.

The 13th and 14th of Sept are Businessman Day Specials at 12:35 vs the Pirates both days. I might get tix.

I still say they lose 100 games. That would be 30 of the remaining 46. Oh yeah! Very much achieveable.

Yeah, we have some good young talent on the roster. And they've loaded up on some quality prospects recently; but the majority are still a few years away.

I'm growing very impatient at being told to be patient.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

20. Likes:

REDREAD (08-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?