Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	18692

2. Likes:

WrongVerb (08-19-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto having surgery Fri

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

Joey Votto today had successful surgery to repair his left rotator cuff and bicep. He is expected to be able to participate in spring training and be ready for the 2023 season. #Reds

5. Likes:

757690 (08-19-2022),klw (08-19-2022),Mitri (08-19-2022),Tuff Nut (08-20-2022)

After the surgery Votto immersed himself in the tape and met with the doctors to give them his breakdown and to-dos to make it a better and more efficient procedure the next time they stepped up to the plate.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-20-2022),klw (08-19-2022),RedsfaninMT (08-20-2022)

Wish Joey nothing but the best. He may be ready for next season; but how long before that shoulder is full strength? '23 will be his swansong season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Chip R (08-19-2022),Roy Tucker (08-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I think Joey has a great future for himself after baseball.

Attachment 18690
    I remember being a little kid in the late 70's, and my parents telling me that the older gentleman in the Mr. Coffee commercials had once been a great baseball player. It was hard for 7-year-old me to comprehend that.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-20-2022),Revering4Blue (08-20-2022)

I'll miss Joey. Its a pity that the Reds prefer Moose over Colin Moran, who looks like a better player at the moment.

13. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (08-20-2022)

Think he'll play in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

Joey Votto today had successful surgery to repair his left rotator cuff and bicep.

He is expected to be able to participate in spring training and be ready for the 2023 season. #Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    “The surgery was a little more than expected…” Let the conspiracy theories begin …
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    I'll miss Joey. Its a pity that the Reds prefer Moose over Colin Moran, who looks like a better player at the moment.
    They've got a ton of money tied up in Moose. That was the mistake

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    IMO, yeah. No professional athlete, young or old, wants their career to be ended (dictated) by injury/surgery. Not if they can help it. They'd like to be able to dictate the terms. That's what the competitive side says.

I had left rotator cuff surgery in Jan of '20. I'm 66 yrs old, and a golfer. I wasn't even allowed to pick up a golf club, and start doing some swinging, till August (8 months). And I had a very light golf schedule that Fall till season's end. That's been 2 years ago. And while I've healed, I don't have near the strength in that shoulder I once had. But that could also partially be my fault too, because even though I went through an extensive rehab, I should have carried it further to strengthen those muscles.

So I try to "translate" that to a prefessional athlete, taking into consideration age, and what type of immense regimen they're going to have to endure in order to get back on that field, contribute, and play at a level where they aren't embarassing themselves.

Joey's going to give it a shot. At least until the early stages of the '23 season. But the only who will know for sure will be Joey. If he feels he can't do it, he won't (imo). I'm sure he's going to be given plenty of days off, which would help him endure '23 better.

16 years he's been a Red.

6× All-Star (2010–2013, 2017, 2018)
    NL MVP (2010)
    NL Hank Aaron Award (2010)
    Gold Glove Award (2011)

I just don't see the Reds picking up the '24 option ($20M), but giving him his $7M buyout. Now that's what common sense says, and for an organization that just cut the heck out of payroll. And I'm sure Joey knows/understands this.

I just hope it's handled/addressed, by both parties, right. '23 season should be about a superstar retiring, and paying them the apropriate accolades. The marketing department is just licking their lips thinking on it (lol).

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

20. Likes:

757690 (08-20-2022)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10EC1EC9-C4D3-44F3-B6A1-F97E67B58622.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	18696
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

GAC (08-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    IMO, yeah. No professional athlete, young or old, wants their career to be ended (dictated) by injury/surgery. Not if they can help it. They'd like to be able to dictate the terms. That's what the competitive side says.

I had left rotator cuff surgery in Jan of '20. I'm 66 yrs old, and a golfer. I wasn't even allowed to pick up a golf club, and start doing some swinging, till August (8 months). And I had a very light golf schedule that Fall till season's end. That's been 2 years ago. And while I've healed, I don't have near the strength in that shoulder I once had. But that could also partially be my fault too, because even though I went through an extensive rehab, I should have carried it further to strengthen those muscles.

So I try to "translate" that to a prefessional athlete, taking into consideration age, and what type of immense regimen they're going to have to endure in order to get back on that field, contribute, and play at a level where they aren't embarassing themselves.

Joey's going to give it a shot. At least until the early stages of the '23 season. But the only who will know for sure will be Joey. If he feels he can't do it, he won't (imo). I'm sure he's going to be given plenty of days off, which would help him endure '23 better.

16 years he's been a Red.

6× All-Star (2010–2013, 2017, 2018)
    NL MVP (2010)
    NL Hank Aaron Award (2010)
    Gold Glove Award (2011)

I just don't see the Reds picking up the '24 option ($20M), but giving him his $7M buyout. Now that's what common sense says, and for an organization that just cut the heck out of payroll. And I'm sure Joey knows/understands this.

I just hope it's handled/addressed, by both parties, right. '23 season should be about a superstar retiring, and paying them the apropriate accolades. The marketing department is just licking their lips thinking on it (lol).

Elephantitis of the left hand. Wow!

Where and who performed the surgery?

Go Joey! Can't wait to see you next year!

Turn Off Ads?