Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto having surgery Fri

Re: Votto having surgery Fri

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    At the beginning, it would be painful when I moved it the wrong way or just overworked my shoulder. My power was zapped and my arm felt weak. Ice, rest and popping meds helped control it afterward, but that stops working after awhile.

As it got progressively worse, the pain was pretty much constant and it essentially hurt to move my arm at all.
    That’s tough. Because it can seem to come out of nowhere like it did for me.

Even though I am RH fully I do a lot of things with my left. I noticed that more as my left upper arm has soreness that all of a sudden when I wake up it’s tight and sore. I do use Cold patches or the Ice-Hot patches. I would prefer no drugs. I’m already on Metformin. I feel the soreness when I narrow it to a specific area. Like a pinched nerve.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I see full time DH in Votto’s future if he plays.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (08-17-2022),Tony Cloninger (08-17-2022),westofyou (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think he is going to show up to ST, take some in-game wings and be like "oh, I am 40."
    Let's bet something fun, loser buys the winner a New Era Reds cap

6. Likes:

Chip R (08-18-2022),HokieRed (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I see full time DH in Votto’s future if he plays.
    He should have been already. To his benefit. Not just. because

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I think Moose is eligible to come off the DL tomorrow. Don’t think he’ll be ready though… guessing we’ll get Moran to finish August, then Moose for September.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-17-2022),OldFashionedRed (08-17-2022),Roy Tucker (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Facts are not "putting him down". He's old. In another age we wouldn't be having this discussion, you know it and i know it. Detwiler has not been bad out there season, he's been a lot better than the other options other than Diaz. That isn't say he's "good", but if they're not going to spend a lot of money on the bullpen, you bring back the guys who did the least amount of damage to it. Seems like you want to make things personal, that's not my style
    I see you saying personal a lot to posters as well. Just because I disagree with a lot of the stuff you say doesn't mean it's personal. Not sure why you do that.

My guess is Friedl simply stays up. He was added when Solano went on paternity leave. Solano will be back Friday for Votto to IL.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I see you saying personal a lot to posters as well. Just because I disagree with a lot of the stuff you say doesn't mean it's personal. Not sure why you do that.
    Actually, accusing someone of "trashing" a player, when that has not been the case, is "personal". You don't have to be like that, we all have opinions and should strive to be respectful toward one another
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Actually, accusing someone of "trashing" a player, when that has not been the case, is "personal". You don't have to be like that, we all have opinions and should strive to be respectful toward one another
    Trust me it's nothing personal. I don't dislike anyone here.
    But you have 100% been on Votto a lot. I stand by that statement and it's not personal it's just what you have typed. It's all over the board in several of your posts.
    Trashing, bashing, disliking his play. Whatever you wanna call it. You have not been kind to Votto the baseball player.
    Just like it's not personal towards you. I'm sure you're not being personal towards Votto the man either. But Votto the player you have not been all that kind towards him
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 08-17-2022 at 05:26 PM.

If you watched Votto's presser, it was very clear that he's going to continue playing baseball. If retirement was a thought at all....he most likely wouldn't have surgery IMHO.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

15. Likes:

Dawink (08-17-2022),KeefeCato (08-17-2022),mth123 (08-17-2022),OldFashionedRed (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I think Moose is eligible to come off the DL tomorrow. Don’t think he’ll be ready though… guessing we’ll get Moran to finish August, then Moose for September.
    What's sad is that I didn't even realize he wasn't on the roster.

For the past several years, all I wanted was one more big season from JV. Well he did deliver in 2021.

But now I am still greedy for more. Hope he is able to recover from his and become at least an MLB-caliber player. I could see thee 2024 season as the kind of season that some stuff could come together for this team (not predicting, just hoping), so if he could stay around or that it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Trust me it's nothing personal. I don't dislike anyone here.
    But you have 100% been on Votto a lot. I stand by that statement and it's not personal it's just what you have typed. It's all over the board in several of your posts.
    Trashing, bashing, disliking his play. Whatever you wanna call it. You have not been kind to Votto the baseball player.
    Just like it's not personal towards you. I'm sure you're not being personal towards Votto the man either. But Votto the player you have not been all that kind towards him
    You may want to put me on ignore, since it seems you have difficulty moving on from opinions that differ from yours. I've messaged you, you are more than welcome to continue the discussion with me from there
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    If you watched Votto's presser, it was very clear that he's going to continue playing baseball. If retirement was a thought at all....he most likely wouldn't have surgery IMHO.
    That makes absolutely no sense. 39 is very young to have rotator cuff surgery whether you're an athlete or not. I had it done at 50 and the most I use my arm for is to bridge a cue stick and swing a golf club. Was told by my surgeon (who also was surgeon for many Chicago Bears players) that at my age it's a no brainer to get it done. Maybe if was in my 60s or 70s it wouldn't be so obvious.

So whether he plans to come back or not, there's absolutely no reason not to get the surgery. And the rehab is not that bad.
    Last edited by foster15; 08-17-2022 at 05:43 PM.

19. Likes:

Dawink (08-17-2022),KeefeCato (08-17-2022),mth123 (08-17-2022),OldFashionedRed (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    That's very similar to my take. I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders. I was told that's a hazard of bucking hay bales for the past 20 years plus. I have so many friends that have had rotator cuff surgery only to have it again 15 years later. I've gone the physical rehab route, and I can manage the pain , don't just don't ask me to throw a ball.

I fully realize Joey has superior doctors to mine, but after age 60 I'm not doing any surgery I don't have to do.

21. Likes:

Chip R (08-18-2022)

I hope that Joey is able to fill a role for Reds next year. It would be a fitting way to wind down a great Reds career.

Reds will have to recognize that they need to build the middle of the order without expecting Joey to carry the ball. That time probably is here due to normal wear and tear, his contract status, and this injury/surgery.

It’s been easy all these years just to write “Votto 1B” in the key offensive lineup spots. Reds need to be ready for something new.

23. Likes:

Chip R (08-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?