Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Least Favorite Best Albums

Re: Least Favorite Best Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    CandyO is better, except for Just what I needed. Overall, the Cars for me, made shiny glossy pop classics, with absolutely no soul. Their sound is great. The song meanings are as empty as Taylor Swift or Katy Perry.
    A friend of mine saw the Cars in concert during their heyday. He said it was what you’d expect to see if the government had created a New Wave band.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Likes:

westofyou (09-01-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    A friend of mine saw the Cars in concert during their heyday. He said it was what you’d expect to see if the government had created a New Wave band.
    True, saw them at Hara in Dayton in 1981, just a weird scene

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What was it like ? Just curious. I liked the Cars pretty well. Never saw them live, though.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

The clash made five albums with Mick Jones, but I think only two of them are worth listening to. London Calling and the first Clash album are awesome and full of quality. But everyone claims give ‘em enough rope and Sandinista are classics and I don’t agree. They each have a few good songs and a few more interesting tunes, but the quality of the songs is much lower that the two albums I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    The clash made five albums with Mick Jones, but I think only two of them are worth listening to. London Calling and the first Clash album are awesome and full of quality. But everyone claims give ‘em enough rope and Sandinista are classics and I don’t agree. They each have a few good songs and a few more interesting tunes, but the quality of the songs is much lower that the two albums I mentioned.
    I'm gonna hard disagree about Give 'Em Enough Rope, but I love that that you're throwing rocks at it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

texasdave (09-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    What was it like ? Just curious. I liked the Cars pretty well. Never saw them live, though.
    I didn't think they were an "arena" band, kind stiff on stage, very "cool" especially Benjamin Orr. The crowd was mix for sure, new wave and frat boys

Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band is my least favorite of the post rubber soul Beatle albums.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    woy, we were at the same show. My then-girlfriend liked the Cars so she bought tickets. I was lukewarm about going but, on her dime, I said ok.

I don’t remember a whole lot about the show. Like someone said, it was like listening to their album. Nothing remarkable. Guitar player drove the band.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

westofyou (09-17-2022)

Basically, anything by the Rolling Stones.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

14. Likes:

KronoRed (09-21-2022)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Basically, anything by the Rolling Stones.
    I honestly would kick your a** if I saw you in person hahah.....

This is sort of like saying you hate children, dogs, pizza....convertibles.

Turn Off Ads?