Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball '22-'23: The quest for relevancy

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball '22-'23: The quest for relevancy

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL. We just don't match up against teams that rain 3s. I think that loss drops us down to a 5 seed.
    Heeeey, we stayed on the 4 line. I like our draw thru the 1st weekend.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-13-2023),Sea Ray (03-13-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Heeeey, we stayed on the 4 line. I like our draw thru the 1st weekend.
    I don't want to play Iowa again. lol

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-13-2023)

This team is just frustrating. The urgency they played with the last few minutes of the PSU game, where was that like 5-10 minutes earlier? Clearly they have it in them but seemed like they waited too long. You just don't know what you're going to get. Some days, it looks like the want it more and others, not as much. Obviously, they need a third scorer (or a good collective effort from 2-3 other guys) and JHS has to have a good game too.

I think IU got a good draw though. The West might have been better (weaker) overall but I'd rather IU potentially have to play Houston than Kansas. I don't think Iowa is beating Houston should they play but I could be wrong.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    This team is just frustrating. The urgency they played with the last few minutes of the PSU game, where was that like 5-10 minutes earlier? Clearly they have it in them but seemed like they waited too long. You just don't know what you're going to get. Some days, it looks like the want it more and others, not as much. Obviously, they need a third scorer (or a good collective effort from 2-3 other guys) and JHS has to have a good game too.

I think IU got a good draw though. The West might have been better (weaker) overall but I'd rather IU potentially have to play Houston than Kansas. I don't think Iowa is beating Houston should they play but I could be wrong.
    After suffering through the Archie Miller years, I am tickled to death just to be in the position we are in.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-16-2023)

Jay Bilas has picked Kent State to win for what it's worth. Vegas likes IU by 4 or 4.5 depending on the site. Vegas also has the best odds for Houston to win it all. Bilas also picking Drake over Miami too.

Mad Dog and Stephen A. Smith have IU going to the Final 4. I hope they're right.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-16-2023)

Bilas is just an overrated Dukie; Smith and Mad Dog know nothing. IU gets to about the sweet 16 unless they get a break and/or bounced because an opponent builds a big lead on 3's that IU can't overcome.
    Where we gonna go?

Bilas knows basketball, but I would agree that he's heavily overrating Duke this year having them go to the Final Four. I wouldn't trust Mad Dog's picks but I would over Stephen A. Either way, I hope they are right. I think IU could make the Elite 8 potentially, but I wouldn't pick them beating Houston (even though I think they can beat them).

It's true that IU cannot overcome a great 3 point shooting effort. Luckily for them, most teams don't nail 3s in both halfs, so as long as they can prevent that, they have a chance.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Well...defense let the team down last night. Miami wasn't a good match up for us going in to the game. I was hoping that they would have another bad shooting day, like they did in the 1st round. But give Miami some credit, specially that Wong kid, they had an excellent shooting night. I know TJD's numbers ended up looking good, but it wasn't the same type of performance as we are used to seeing from him. Race played really well also. For me, 2 guys lost this game, Hood-Schifino and Bates. They both played terrible. I thought Woody shoulda pulled Hood-Schifino in the 2nd half for a while longer. You could tell his head wasn't in the game, not sure why.

It was a good season tho. Woulda been nice to win at least 1 more game in the tourney, but that's life. Next season in kind of a crap shoot right now. I'm not sure they are as good at this point, we'll see.

GO HOOSIERS!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

It was a disappointing but predictable ending to a season that felt like it should've been better than it was. I'm glad they didn't get bounced in the first round like Purdue and it's hard to call losing to Miami an upset really, but I felt like they could have won the game too.

Really rooting hard for TJD in his next chapter. Players like him don't come around everyday. He's an all time Hoosier great and probably belongs on IU's Mount Rushmore for players. Easily the most complete players since Henderson (who is likely the most complete IU player ever). Even though TJD has no jump shot (yet) I still think he should be a first round talent.

It'll be interesting to see what Woodson does next as next year will feel more like his team.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-21-2023),Revering4Blue (03-20-2023)

Hood-Schifino seemed like he was sleepwalking to the NBA last night - maybe his performance knocks his draft stock, but as NBA basketball to college basketball is what WWE is to wrestling, I have no idea. IU pretty much will have a blank slate next year - I'm hoping that without TJD on the floor, the players realize they actually need to take the cement off of their shoes and move while on the floor.

Last night was an embarrassment. Those chuckin' 3's were awful - and the fact that they couldn't rebound on defense was a disgrace. They played like they were on a schoolyard and had just met for the first time and had never even practiced together.
    Where we gonna go?

18. Likes:

mth123 (03-20-2023)

The women go down to Miami too. And at home no less. It was a bad effort by them too, although they at least made it a game after doing down. Still, was really rooting for them and there's no question this was a very disappointing outcome for them.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-21-2023)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Hood-Schifino seemed like he was sleepwalking to the NBA last night - maybe his performance knocks his draft stock, but as NBA basketball to college basketball is what WWE is to wrestling, I have no idea.
    NBA teams approach the draft with future (two or three years down the line) projectability in mind and give little credence to team and individual game performances. The question isn't whether JHS will be selected before the 20th pick in the draft (He'll likely be off the board by 16 at the latest), it's whether he believes it's worth it to stay another year and virtually be assured of going top 5.

IU pretty much will have a blank slate next year - I'm hoping that without TJD on the floor, the players realize they actually need to take the cement off of their shoes and move while on the floor.
    Judging from Woody's post game comments about the future of the program (namely, that it's never been his preferred style to play through the post first), he indicated that Miami's style of play/roster is the direction he wants IU to go, which should be music to our ears. I expect Woody to really hit the transfer portal with IU an attractive destination.

Last night was an embarrassment. Those chuckin' 3's were awful - and the fact that they couldn't rebound on defense was a disgrace. They played like they were on a schoolyard and had just met for the first time and had never even practiced together.
    Spot -on.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The women go down to Miami too. And at home no less. It was a bad effort by them too, although they at least made it a game after doing down. Still, was really rooting for them and there's no question this was a very disappointing outcome for them.
    Miami came with strong, fast perimeter defense and they cutoff lanes on every possession. IU was off balance, out of rhythm the entire game. It may be that Holmes was not really 100% and couldn't manage the physicality of Miami's big players, but they said she was ok. I felt they had not been playing their best ball since the loss to Iowa.

It was a bummer, for sure, but they return all the starters except Berger next year, so they should have an opportunity to get back to where they were this year. Her shoes are hard to fill, so it will be up to Chloe Moore-Mcniel. If she can improve her ability to get to the rim, she can be an outstanding player. I like her at point with Parrish, Scalia and Garzon shooting.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 03-21-2023 at 07:13 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

23. Likes:

Louisville and Indiana need to play next year on the women's side. Two great teams that close together should meet up.

25. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?