Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball '22-'23: The quest for relevancy

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball '22-'23: The quest for relevancy

IU and Arizona have never played. Go Hoosiers!

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-12-2022),Hillsdale87 (12-10-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    IU and Arizona have never played. Go Hoosiers!
    No JHS tonight stinks. Hopefully Galloway plays great again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No JHS. TJD didn't show up. X got into early foul trouble. Got ugly early but the guys kept battling right up until the refs missed a goal tend and then called a flop. Kansas, here we come.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2022)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

No JHS. TJD didn't show up. X got into early foul trouble. Got ugly early but the guys kept battling right up until the refs missed a goal tend and then called a flop. Kansas, here we come.
    Other than the Zona 17-0 run, I thought IU played fairly solid. Like you said, on to the next one!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-12-2022)

Still no word on JHS for the Kansas game.

From Seth Davis at the Athletic...

Indiana
    Lost, 84-62, at Kansas

Again: no shame in losing in Allen Fieldhouse, especially under the circumstances. The Hoosiers lost veteran guard Xavier Johnson to an ankle injury early in the first half, and 6-6 freshman point guard Jalen Hood-Schifino was in no position to carry the load after missing the previous three games with a back injury. (He had 11 points on 2-of-11 shooting to go along with four assists and five turnovers.) Still, the margin of defeat (and the limited production from Trayce Jackson-Davis against an undersized Jayhawks squad) was demoralizing. The Hoosiers have now lost three of their last four games. The big concern moving forward is the status of Johnson. If he’s out for a while, then Indiana could be headed for a rough patch. It also makes you wonder if this team is snakebit when it comes to injuries. Not that fans tend to think that way.

Panic Meter: 4/5
    https://theathletic.com/4014928/2022...mpaign=5754479

UK Wildcats got a 5/5 on the Panic Meter from the Athletic

Wow was that UNC win a flash in the pan.

I know there have been injuries but some of this has to go on Woodson. He's got a good team that should certainly have won the Iowa game and not gotten beat down by Penn State. TJD is at fault too. He's having a beast year defensively but pretty lackluster offensively. Although it seems like the game plan for any team now is to double or triple him and JHS isn't going to be able to carry the team alone.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Wow was that UNC win a flash in the pan.

I know there have been injuries but some of this has to go on Woodson. He's got a good team that should certainly have won the Iowa game and not gotten beat down by Penn State. TJD is at fault too. He's having a beast year defensively but pretty lackluster offensively. Although it seems like the game plan for any team now is to double or triple him and JHS isn't going to be able to carry the team alone.
    The injuries to X and Race have been huge. Our down turn this year started the moment X got hurt. It took an even bigger down turn once Race got hurt. In that game we were playing really well, until Race went down. Woody does need to figure something out, but that's not an over night fix.

What frustrates me is, our fanbase. Trust me, I know our history in the game of college basketball and the passion the state has for basketball. But our fans act like that was yesterday. People are already calling for Woody's head on a platter, saying he can't coach and can't teach defense. Did they forget last year, did they forget how this season started?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The injuries to X and Race have been huge. Our down turn this year started the moment X got hurt. It took an even bigger down turn once Race got hurt. In that game we were playing really well, until Race went down. Woody does need to figure something out, but that's not an over night fix.

What frustrates me is, our fanbase. Trust me, I know our history in the game of college basketball and the passion the state has for basketball. But our fans act like that was yesterday. People are already calling for Woody's head on a platter, saying he can't coach and can't teach defense. Did they forget last year, did they forget how this season started?
    Woodson definitely does deserve more time. Calling for his head at this point is absurd. I do think though that there there's still enough talent currently in the lineup where they should've been able close out Iowa and they should not have gotten spanked by Penn State. I also very much trust Woodson's defensive chops and when healthy, the defense has looked incredible (TJD has become a fantastic defender). TJD will be the all time IU leader in blocks. Possibly after the next game. He has a chance to further climb the rebound leader list too later in the season.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-13-2023),Revering4Blue (01-12-2023)

When X went down the Hoosiers lost their floor leader. Couple that with losing Race adds fuel to the fire. Hopefully Woody and the squad can find some solutions to playing without 2 valuable starters. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-15-2023),Revering4Blue (01-14-2023)

The curse is broken against the Badgers.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-15-2023),Revering4Blue (01-14-2023)

The curse is broken against the Badgers.
    Good bounce back win. Let's keep it goin!!!

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-20-2023)

Well, it looks like Woody and the troops have righted the ship. Big win at Illinoy. I can't say enough about Geronimo. Now if Bates can just make a leap. I like what I have seen these last 2 games.

24. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-20-2023),Revering4Blue (01-20-2023),SunDeck (01-20-2023)

Friendly reminder, the IUWBB team is a serious final four candidate. The Big 10 is legitimately the best conference this season with the OSU, IU, IOWA, Maryland, UoM, and Illinois all in the top 25.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

26. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-20-2023),dubc47834 (01-20-2023),Revering4Blue (01-20-2023)

Turn Off Ads?