Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

KD and the Nets apparently kissed and made up. Kyrie is apparently jazzed about staying in Brooklyn too.

With trades (Royce O'Neill, Ben Simmons), signings (TJ Warren), depth (Joe Harris, Seth Curry at SG, not to mention Cam Thomas and Patty Mills), does it make any sense to play Durant at center for most of his minutes? If not Durant, how about Simmons?

A Simmons/ KD frontcourt is tall enough. Does it have enough girth to keep from getting destroyed? And how effective would a pick-and-roll against centers be for Durant and/or Simmons?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    KD and the Nets apparently kissed and made up. Kyrie is apparently jazzed about staying in Brooklyn too.

With trades (Royce O'Neill, Ben Simmons), signings (TJ Warren), depth (Joe Harris, Seth Curry at SG, not to mention Cam Thomas and Patty Mills), does it make any sense to play Durant at center for most of his minutes? If not Durant, how about Simmons?

A Simmons/ KD frontcourt is tall enough. Does it have enough girth to keep from getting destroyed? And how effective would a pick-and-roll against centers be for Durant and/or Simmons?
    Grab your popcorn because that situation is going to blow up massively by February at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Grab your popcorn because that situation is going to blow up massively by February at the latest.
    I kinda want Brooklyn to become a juggernaut... only to see KD, Ben Simmons, and Kyrie try to find new reasons to want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Simmons at C would seem to be the optimal move. And KD-Simmons-Warren (if Warren can get back to his former self) could be a dynamic frontcourt.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Simmons at C would seem to be the optimal move. And KD-Simmons-Warren (if Warren can get back to his former self) could be a dynamic frontcourt.
    Harris too-- should he get healthy and stay there-- fits best at SF. (And not at SG.)

The trade for O'Neal (as a nominal backup F) would also make some sense if Durant or Simmons went big too.

8. Likes:

So a full season by all 3 (KD/BS/KI) would be 244 games. Whats the over/under total all 3 play? I'd take the under on anything over 200 without hesitation, that's 66/67/67. Heck i'd probably take under 190.

10. Likes:

So a full season by all 3 (KD/BS/KI) would be 244 games. Whats the over/under total all 3 play? I'd take the under on anything over 200 without hesitation, that's 66/67/67. Heck i'd probably take under 190.
    Yeah, I can't imagine they'd crack 200. It will be interesting to see if Kyrie's desire to get another fat contract overrides his instinct to quit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Offensively, you could probably slot Simmons at Center when running the half-court offense, put him at the Jokic position at the free throw line and use his ball distribution talents. Defensively, though, while I think he can do ok with some of the weaker Centers, I think using him on them reduces his value versus putting him on the opponent's best player, regardless of position.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

13. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Offensively, you could probably slot Simmons at Center when running the half-court offense, put him at the Jokic position at the free throw line and use his ball distribution talents. Defensively, though, while I think he can do ok with some of the weaker Centers, I think using him on them reduces his value versus putting him on the opponent's best player, regardless of position.
    Probably loses some of his versatility value, and the rim protection would be next to nothing. But those hands could do some real damage on centers not used to handling the ball well.

Not sure if the trade-off is worth it, honestly. It worked in Philly in short spurts, certainly. But it probably won't work against Philly.

Tough break for OKC...they fear Chet might have ligament damage in his foot...always stay away from tall skinny players...so fragile.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Tough break for OKC...they fear Chet might have ligament damage in his foot...always stay away from tall skinny players...so fragile.
    I'm not denying the kid has unicorn level talent but there were multiple reasons I didnt want Orlando taking him at #1.

17. Likes:

M2 (08-24-2022),Revering4Blue (08-25-2022)

Pat Bev and Russ on same Lakers team?? Talk about must watch games - and for all the wrong reasons.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Pat Bev and Russ on same Lakers team?? Talk about must watch games - and for all the wrong reasons.
    Pat Bev with LeBron might be appointment viewing.

On another note, how far has THT's stock fallen? This time last year, the Lakers could have gotten real value for him. Pelinka, IMO, has struggled in his role as GM.

I'm not denying the kid has unicorn level talent but there were multiple reasons I didnt want Orlando taking him at #1.
    I'm still too scarred by the Shawn Bradley pick to want anyone with that body type near my team.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

21. Likes:

Chip R (09-02-2022)

Initial reports lisfranc for Chet out the year…
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?