Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1026

Thread: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

  1. #661
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    43,044

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's one of many reasons why I hate Curry with a passion.
    That and he murders your team, and he's little-brothered Dame for his whole career. BTW, those are viable reasons for a fan to hate a guy. I get it. I hated Larry Bird. Steph literally changed the game and brought back high-octane offense. Also seems to be the most universally popular athlete in a long time. That's a bit of a lonely island you've picked for yourself.
    MLB free agent

  2. Likes:

    Bourgeois Zee (11-30-2022),westofyou (11-30-2022)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #662
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Curry takes five steps like he's at a hoe-down and then he whines when they call traveling?

    That's one of many reasons why I hate Curry with a passion.

    Warriors now 2-9 on the Road.
    Yeah...and how'd them Blazers do last night???
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

  5. #663
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Going to the Cavs 76ers game tonight.

    Unfortunately Allen is out, so Embiid might get 60. Fortunately Mitchell and Garland can score enough to cancel that out, should be fun.

  6. Likes:

    goreds2 (11-30-2022),Puffy (11-30-2022)

  7. #664
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,817

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    It's looking as if the Celtics are not going to be missing Ime Udoka all that much. 17-4 and counting.

  8. Likes:

    Chip R (12-01-2022)

  9. #665
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    3,724

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Going to the Cavs 76ers game tonight.

    Unfortunately Allen is out, so Embiid might get 60. Fortunately Mitchell and Garland can score enough to cancel that out, should be fun.
    I bet you are having fun with the Cavs up by 21 at halftime. I need to try and catch a 76ers game in person someday.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

  10. Likes:

    BuckeyeRed27 (12-01-2022)

  11. #666
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    43,044

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It's looking as if the Celtics are not going to be missing Ime Udoka all that much. 17-4 and counting.
    Yeah, I thought that would be a factor for them and it hasn't manifested at all. The only difference is now they score like crazy too.
    MLB free agent

  12. #667
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,995

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I bet you are having fun with the Cavs up by 21 at halftime. I need to try and catch a 76ers game in person someday.
    Cavs shot 16 for 17 from the floor in the 2nd quarter. Everything they were chucking up went in. Not much you can do about that. Nine threes in a row between the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Made the clueless officating a complete non-factor.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  13. #668
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    43,044

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    I'm watching the Celtics-Heat. Miami has been hovering behind Boston most of the 2nd half as Jaylen Brown was on the bench with foul trouble. When they finally got him and Jayson Tatum on the floor together again it got unfair and they're going to win comfortably. Tatum has 49. Brown has 26 (in 28 minutes).
    MLB free agent

  14. #669
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Good one at the Garden. Old time basketball. Giannis fouled out and Mitchell Robinson had 20 rebounds but Grayson Allen with the big shot for the win and the cover.

  15. #670
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Cavs shot 16 for 17 from the floor in the 2nd quarter. Everything they were chucking up went in. Not much you can do about that. Nine threes in a row between the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Made the clueless officating a complete non-factor.
    The 2nd quarter was indeed crazy. Cavs were hot, but the 76ers didn’t show any interest in playing defense and , Embiid looked disengaged even before they got run off the court.

    Give them a bit of a break since Maxey and Harden weren’t there…but I think that’s a team in serious trouble.

  16. #671
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    43,044

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Most interesting thing to me tonight is Wendell Moore started for the Timberwolves (a win over the Grizz). He didn't do much in his 20 minutes (7-3-2), but it's only his 5th game and it indicates they like what they see from him.
    MLB free agent

  17. Likes:

    Betterread (12-01-2022)

  18. #672
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Most interesting thing to me tonight is Wendell Moore started for the Timberwolves (a win over the Grizz). He didn't do much in his 20 minutes (7-3-2), but it's only his 5th game and it indicates they like what they see from him.
    His first real NBA Minutes. First Fg and first 3pt Fg. With five players out due to injury somebody had to play and he was doing well in G League. He outrebounded Gobert (1). He looked alright to me.
    Memphis outrebounded min 59-29. 30 Fts to 19 for Min. But they had 29 turnovers (stat sheet says 24 but it is wrong).
    I swear that Jah gets four free throws every game for merely walking onto the court.

  19. #673
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,995

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The 2nd quarter was indeed crazy. Cavs were hot, but the 76ers didn’t show any interest in playing defense and , Embiid looked disengaged even before they got run off the court.

    Give them a bit of a break since Maxey and Harden weren’t there…but I think that’s a team in serious trouble.
    Nah. The Sixers have won 7 of their last 10, even including last night, while dealing with injuries to Maxey, Harden, Embiid, and Tobias Harris- who, after attempting to make a go of it (and playing horribly), left last night's game with an illness. Any team is going to look bad when everything the opponent chucks at the basket goes in regardless of how well the defense plays. Philly played some good defense last night, forcing 18 turnovers and holding Cleveland to 25 or fewer points in three of the four quarters. That's usually a winning formula if you can hit a shot and if the opponent doesn't put up 44 points in the other quarter. The ball just went in at an astounding rate for the Cavs in that second quarter, and the Sixers couldn't hit anything. Make or miss league. Way it goes. Gotta' just nod to your opponent when that happens and move on.

    Things might have looked somewhat better for Philly had Cleveland not been allowed to camp out in the lane on both sides of the ball all night long. That was clearly a plan defensively given that they picked up three defensive three second violations (could have been 30 of them). Credit to the Cavs for finding a risk/reward exploit. And Embiid was engaged enough to pick up a tech (almost got tossed) for rightly demanding that he shouldn't be consistently mugged by the three guys camped out in the lane the entire possession. Overall, I think the officiating has been better this season, but that crew stunk. That didn't cause the loss, but it certainly exacerbated things.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  20. #674
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,505

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Fultz looked good in his limited return to action last night. With him and Anthony back that will likely push Suggs into a lesser role. Not sure what the future will look like for Orlando. The roster is loaded with top draft picks and talent yet we still have one of the worst records in the league.

  21. Likes:

    Kingspoint (12-01-2022)

  22. #675
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Nah. The Sixers have won 7 of their last 10, even including last night, while dealing with injuries to Maxey, Harden, Embiid, and Tobias Harris- who, after attempting to make a go of it (and playing horribly), left last night's game with an illness. Any team is going to look bad when everything the opponent chucks at the basket goes in regardless of how well the defense plays. Philly played some good defense last night, forcing 18 turnovers and holding Cleveland to 25 or fewer points in three of the four quarters. That's usually a winning formula if you can hit a shot and if the opponent doesn't put up 44 points in the other quarter. The ball just went in at an astounding rate for the Cavs in that second quarter, and the Sixers couldn't hit anything. Make or miss league. Way it goes. Gotta' just nod to your opponent when that happens and move on.

    Things might have looked somewhat better for Philly had Cleveland not been allowed to camp out in the lane on both sides of the ball all night long. That was clearly a plan defensively given that they picked up three defensive three second violations (could have been 30 of them). Credit to the Cavs for finding a risk/reward exploit. And Embiid was engaged enough to pick up a tech (almost got tossed) for rightly demanding that he shouldn't be consistently mugged by the three guys camped out in the lane the entire possession. Overall, I think the officiating has been better this season, but that crew stunk. That didn't cause the loss, but it certainly exacerbated things.
    Yeah the refs were fine. Like I said I’ll give Philly a bit of a pass due to missing guys, although Cleveland was also missing Allen, Love and Stephens and started a guy I don’t think has played this season yet so.

    Mitchell and Garland could do whatever they wanted and yes there was a team defense aspect going on with Embiid, but Mobley also did a fantastic job.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator