Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So far M2, you've been 100% correct about MIA.
    In their defense, they've had the third most difficult schedule in the league. But their offense, so far, is bad. Maybe if Butler and Herro get on the court at the same time it'll kick up a notch. Also, perhaps Butler will drag more guys into the positive zone on their +/-. Yet their margin seems to be real slim.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-07-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Blazers assistant general managers Sergi Oliva and Mike Schmitz both had seats reserved in Vivint Arena for the Jazz’s game vs. Indiana.

Both teams are clearly potential trade candidates as Portland is far from done on their retool.

Vanderbilt must have heard about it because the next game he goes 4-4 from "3". In his entire career he had only made three of them (on 22 attempts), so POR never got anyone within 15 feet of him, even after he made his first three.

Speaking of UTA, Conley is set to return. That will make the bench much stronger as one guard goes down a notch in the rotation.
    What would you give for Markkanen?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What would you give for Markkanen?
    I suddenly want a Klondike bar.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

6. Likes:

goreds2 (12-08-2022),M2 (12-07-2022),Revering4Blue (12-08-2022)

No lead is safe in the NBA, but the Celtics just slapped a 69-42 1st half on the Suns in Phoenix. This has got a chance to be a statement game.

8. Likes:

Chip R (12-08-2022)

Jazz over Warriors in the standings after 27 games. Did not see that coming.

10. Likes:

M2 (12-07-2022)

Utah just beat GS 124-123 after being down 123-119 with 10 second left. GS got their points up to 123 through a bad flagrant 2 on Clarkson and a bad foul call giving Poole 2 free throws on a play where he elbowed Olynk in the face (that play was more flagrant than clarkson’s Flagrant). Steph and Dray didn’t play but they were mugging and joking throughout.
    That win was so satisfying to watch. Hubris corrections are some of the best moments in sport.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-07-2022)

Guess the Warriors play by a different set of rules than everyone else, and the REDS will be budget-minded again this season.

UTA says, "who cares?" We'll play 5 on 8 and win anyway.

What a fantastic victory by the Jazz. "Not in Our House!!!"

Jordan Clarkson got screwed again big time. He's going to be so hot and fired up next game. He already was this game, but that chip on his shoulder in his next game is going to be the size of a foundation beam.

- - - Updated - - -

No lead is safe in the NBA, but the Celtics just slapped a 69-42 1st half on the Suns in Phoenix. This has got a chance to be a statement game.
    Suns are a very bad team on the road. (thought they were on the road again because of the score....they are great at home, so this is a surprise)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-07-2022 at 11:41 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Conley didn't return, but probably next game.

Rookie Simone Fontechchio with a huge game, his coming out party for the season.

Kessler is becoming a Defensive force. Olynyck always with the right play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

When I heard how long KAT would be out, I thought that MIN would actually get better. Just think that they are better off without both of them on the same team. I think they'd be much better with Gobert being the one that's out, but it's going to work out for MIN right now. Things should get simpler for them, even without Beverley and Vanderbilt.

Maybe this is where Anthony Edwards can take over the team as its leader.

Trae Young with a game-worst -26 in the +/- as he "leads" his team to a blowout loss against the Knicks in the Big Apple.

Way to show up in primetime Young. You're such a great leader of men. NOT!

Trae Young with a game-worst -26 in the +/- as he "leads" his team to a blowout loss against the Knicks in the Big Apple.

Way to show up in primetime Young. You're such a great leader of men. NOT!
    I'll quibble with the idea that the Knicks can be a participant in a game described as "primetime." Trae's a problematic player because he might be the biggest defensive liability in the league, but I'd chalk that one up to a bad game against a blah team. Dejounte Murray having to leave after 3 minutes with an ankle injury seems like the bigger factor and headline from that game.

Here's one to chew on: who are the top three teams in the West?

Here's one to chew on: who are the top three teams in the West?
    pelicans, Grizzlies and Suns are starting to separate from the rest of the conference. God, the Celtics put the hammer to the Suns last night. Impressive lack of mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    pelicans, Grizzlies and Suns are starting to separate from the rest of the conference. God, the Celtics put the hammer to the Suns last night. Impressive lack of mercy.
    I'm still thinking Denver profiles as a team that's going to keep getting better as the season goes on (guys playing their way into full fitness, team re-developing its chemistry). And I also keep looking at the Clippers and wondering if Kawhi and PG will get an extended run together. The teams at the top haven't created much separation. In the East it's 4.5 games from 1st (Boston) to 3rd (Cleveland) and Cleveland would be a top team in the West. In the West it's 3 games from 1st to 9th.

I'm pretty confident the Pels and Grizz are trending toward very good. Last night is making me question the Suns. The athletic gap between them and the Celtics was stark. It wasn't a bad night, the Suns looked overmatched. While the Celtics seem like they might do that to a lot of teams this year, I am now questioning if the Suns can hang with the Pels/Grizz/Nuggets if those teams hit their stride. It's not that they're bad, but maybe they're sagging a bit as other teams rise. At least that's what I'm wondering.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-08-2022)

I'll quibble with the idea that the Knicks can be a participant in a game described as "primetime." Trae's a problematic player because he might be the biggest defensive liability in the league, but I'd chalk that one up to a bad game against a blah team. Dejounte Murray having to leave after 3 minutes with an ankle injury seems like the bigger factor and headline from that game.
    Whenever any NBA team is in NYC, it's a primetime moment before the world's largest media mecca, especially for sports, especially for endorsements, especially for NBA players. NBA players have regularly struggled paying attention to basketball and avoid getting wrapped up in the nightlife of NYC. It's the worst city a team can go to from a fan's perspective as nothing good happens there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still thinking Denver profiles as a team that's going to keep getting better as the season goes on (guys playing their way into full fitness, team re-developing its chemistry). And I also keep looking at the Clippers and wondering if Kawhi and PG will get an extended run together. The teams at the top haven't created much separation. In the East it's 4.5 games from 1st (Boston) to 3rd (Cleveland) and Cleveland would be a top team in the West. In the West it's 3 games from 1st to 9th.

I'm pretty confident the Pels and Grizz are trending toward very good. Last night is making me question the Suns. The athletic gap between them and the Celtics was stark. It wasn't a bad night, the Suns looked overmatched. While the Celtics seem like they might do that to a lot of teams this year, I am now questioning if the Suns can hang with the Pels/Grizz/Nuggets if those teams hit their stride. It's not that they're bad, but maybe they're sagging a bit as other teams rise. At least that's what I'm wondering.
    Every team's going to get much better as the season goes on. It's really early still. But, since all of them will improve a lot, it has to do with how much improved a team will get over the improvement of the pack.

Turn Off Ads?