Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    At this point, Morey needs to pull aside Embiid (who asked for Tucker by name) and Harden (out of respect for his history with Tucker) and simply tell them that it isn't working out (because it ain't), and then use Tucker as a salary match when dealing someone like Thybulle (who Rivers won't play) for something of value.
    Tucker, Melton, and Thybulle for John Collins and Frank "The Tank" Kaminsky.

Who says no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't get the Bulls. Sometimes they're really good. Sometimes they're hapless. Sometimes it happens in the same game. They're Schrodinger's basketball team.
    It must be in the Lake Michigan water. I feel like that's the type of Chicago team we've seen since Jordan retired.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Indiana has won a league-high nine times this season after trailing by double digits.
    There isn't a game I've seen the Pacers play where they look like they have any "quit" in them. And I love the fact that they're just a wonky team; from Haliburton's three-point shooting spasm-like motion, to Mathurin coming off the bench, to Andrew Nembhard's last name sounding, phonetically, like something that you might need to visit your doctor to treat, to Buddy Heild's complete lack of a conscience, all the way to the balance of a roster that causes opposing announcers to wonder...

I just can't help but like 'em.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-07-2023),M2 (01-07-2023),Revering4Blue (01-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Who says no?
    The Sixers should say no to that. Melton, by himself, is likely more valuable than Collins given their respective performance and contracts. And I sure wouldn't want to see the Sixers deal away nearly every bit of perimeter defense they have.

I think there's probably a solution without needing to deal off core players.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Who says no?
    I'm not sure Collins really fits. Tobias Harris is, IMO, more effective as a PF. Seems like more of a 3-and-D winger would be at the top of their list. Maybe a Gary Trent Jr. or Keldon Johnson. Bogo probably would be the optimal guy.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

SteelSD (01-08-2023)

Sitting here wondering how Jaden Hardy fell all the way out of the first round…kid is instant offense. Would love to see him get around 25 to 30 mins a game. Gives Dallas another option and one who can create on his own.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Sitting here wondering how Jaden Hardy fell all the way out of the first round…kid is instant offense. Would love to see him get around 25 to 30 mins a game. Gives Dallas another option and one who can create on his own.
    He was ranked 17th in The Ringer's draft guide and #2 in the RSCI class rankings when he graduated HS in 2021. So it seems like he definitely dropped farther than he should have. My guess is teams wanted to see more of a shot from him rather than just iso scoring, but the thing about being an iso scorer is it means you can score.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?