Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1026

Thread: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Re: 2023 NBA Off-Season: The Season Begins Now (Or As Soon As KD Says It Does)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Cavs were total garbage in the first half, down 22 at one point and missing garland and Mobley. Donovan just went supernova.
    The thing that really jumps out at me is the 25 free throw attempts. I mean, what the heck? The guy averages a little over 5 per game. What kind of nonsense was Chicago up to instead of actually playing a sliver of defense after halftime? Nevermind getting outscored 15-4 in OT, but giving up 83 points in the scond half? Jeebuz. Hang your heads in shame, Chicago...shame...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-02-2023),Revering4Blue (01-03-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The thing that really jumps out at me is the 25 free throw attempts. I mean, what the heck? The guy averages a little over 5 per game. What kind of nonsense was Chicago up to instead of actually playing a sliver of defense after halftime? Nevermind getting outscored 15-4 in OT, but giving up 83 points in the scond half? Jeebuz. Hang your heads in shame, Chicago...shame...
    They had no chance when it got to OT. The missed free throw, follow up lay up mitchell hit to force OT was one or the crazier plays I’ve seen.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-03-2023)

Man, there were some hugh nights tonight by individuals.

Klay Thompson:

21-39 and 10-21 from "3" for 54 pt. (in a game Jordan Poole missed 21 shots) Looney's 21st Rebound and put-back wins it at the buzzer.

LeBron: 16-26, 43 pts/11 Boards

DeRozan 44 pts.

Embiid 15-24 for 42 pts along with 11 Rebounds, 5 Assists and a Steal and a Block in a win over the Pelicans.

GPII's debut (13 minutes and a twisted ankle, but he'll get through it) inspired POR to 16 Steals (4 by Dame) to go with Grant facing off against his old team, DET, who was also inspired to a 12-17 night for 36 points. Grant, shooting 45% from "3" on the season, hit 5 of 8 from 3. Dame, to go along with those 4 Steals, had 2 Blocks, 5 Boards and 10 Assists, and a team-best +28 in 29 minutes. Nurk gave his best effort, but his flu-like symptom's (Billups took him out after 14 minutes where he was obviously not healthy even though he had a +14) required that he turn things over to Eubanks. Drew, GPII's teammate while at Oregon State, was tremendous tonight. Eubanks, who is top-three in the NBA in FG% at about 75-78%, had 4 Steals, 3 Blocks, 10 Rebounds and 10 points. Zero Fouls and zero turnovers for Eubanks while grabbing 3 Offensive Boards.

MIN, POR's next opponent Wednesday, handed a fully-healthy DEN team a double-digit loss. DEN had the rarity of having Gordon, Porter, Jokic and Murray together. Edwards and McDaniels were dominant.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

M2 (01-03-2023),Revering4Blue (01-03-2023)

I was just mad at Fox for taking so many stupid shots.

Fox is one of the best Defenders in the NBA. He's elite as a Defender.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

After an 8-1 run (only loss by 1 pt to ATL) Orlando has come crashing back down.

19 point home loss to Lakers
    20 point road loss to Pistons
    19 point home loss to Wizards (*Didnt help that almost the entire 2nd unit was suspended for their involvement in the dust up with Detroit after Killian Hayes sucker punched M. Wagner).

After 12 games in 24 days maybe they wore down towards the end of their December stretch. The current 5-day breather was much needed.

Upcoming schedule is tough - OKC, MEM, at GSW, at SAC, at POR, at UTH, at DEN, NOP, at WAS, BOS over the next 3 weeks. 9 of 10 teams currently in playoff positions.

A positive is it looks like the return of Jonathan Isaac could happen soon as he's been full-go in practice. While im not sure what he'll offer on the offensive side of the court I would expect him to step right in and give 15-20 minutes of elite defense.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 01-03-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Nets remain white hot. Currently on a 12-0 run and since their 11/25 loss to Indiana they've only lost 1 game, a 16-1 stretch.

Currently sitting 2nd place in the East, 1 game behind Boston.

Kyrie looks fantastic lately. If this is who Brooklyn is going to be they're going to be right in the mix for the NBA title.

Odd stats from Nets game:

Assists - Durant 11, Irving 0
    Rebounds - Durant 3, Irving 8.

12. Likes:

M2 (01-03-2023),Revering4Blue (01-03-2023)

The Thunder (without SGA) OBLITERATED the Celtics tonight, 150-117. Boston's wobbling.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

What in hades is going on?? First, Mitchell goes off for 71 points, then OKC drills Boston to the tune of a 150-spot, including 88 points over two quarters? I know that the Celtics play defense. I've seen them play defense. Just plain weird.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    What in hades is going on?? First, Mitchell goes off for 71 points, then OKC drills Boston to the tune of a 150-spot, including 88 points over two quarters? I know that the Celtics play defense. I've seen them play defense. Just plain weird.
    SGA didn’t play either.

Scrappy Cavs win against the Suns.

The Rockets are a legitimately bad basketball team. You can be as young, hungry, speedy, quick and athletic as all get out, but at the end of the possession, you have to put the ball in the basket. They do not do this well at all.

18. Likes:

M2 (01-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Rockets are a legitimately bad basketball team. You can be as young, hungry, speedy, quick and athletic as all get out, but at the end of the possession, you have to put the ball in the basket. They do not do this well at all.
    That team really could use a PG to help everyone get better shots.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Aren't they really in the stage of the process where they're looking to identify core pieces, though? Trust me, I've been there with the Sixers. It looks sort of ugly while it happens, because there's talent there. But some of that talent will probably end up being dealt for high-grade pieces to take them to the next level.

--Ted Williams

Even with Embiid out, props to the Pacers. They're a scrappy bunch, who really don't have any "quit" in them. The officiating was absolute trash for both sides in the second half. Philly probably deserved to lose that game three times- twice in regulation when they squandered an 11 point lead with 7 minutes to play, then a no-call when I think Harris chicken-winged Buddy Hield out of the way to create space for the game tying put-back bucket, and finally when James Harden of all people missed back-to-back free throws late in OT.

And, man, throwing P.J. Tucker in the starting lineup with Tobias and three guards was just death. Tucker was completely useless. That's a game where you start 'Trez because Myles Turner is tall, but has little offensive game and isn't going to back down Montrezl PLUS having Tucker in there = no rim protection at all. And, when Harrell played, he was really good- putting up a season-high 19 points and four blocks- making play after play. Tucker has apparently been nursing a hand/arm injury and then his leg tightened up on him early in the first half. At that point, just sit the guy and give his minutes to Harrell and Paul Reed. But for god's sake don't run that lineup out on the floor again (of course Rivers did it again, though...it's his nature).

Right now, the top five teams in the East are separated by 2 games in the Loss column. Crazy.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?