Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 8-25-22 Reds @ Phillies 7:05

Re: 8-25-22 Reds @ Phillies 7:05

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    When it is the 9th inning and you need 4 to tie, it doesn't matter!
    Point being, Senzel was clearly limping and probably shouldn't have been left in to run the bases there. A healthy runner would have scored on the play, aside from someone really slow.

Edit:
    And avoiding a shutout is a moral victory for this team. They need anything they can get.
    Last edited by Sassy Sal; 08-25-2022 at 10:00 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    opps i meant 15 and 24 to go 63 and 99
    Name:  jcarey.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  16.2 KB
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

4. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (08-26-2022)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Justin Dunn had a really impressive slider tonight and used it to make his best start of the year.

He tied his career high with six innings and only allowed two runs.

During the second half of the year, the Reds want to get a close look at Dunn. He showed his upside tonight.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sal View Post
    Point being, Senzel was clearly limping and probably shouldn't have been left in to run the bases there. A healthy runner would have scored on the play, aside from someone really slow.

Edit:
    And avoiding a shutout is a moral victory for this team. They need anything they can get.
    I disagree, you play to win the game. He's on 3rd with no urgency to score. If they are going to get back in it he can limp home when the opportunity comes and save the sub runner in case it gets close and the situation comes up, or if you tie it and it goes extra. Reds have been very good this season about giving effort until the end of the game, and the manager should retain options to put them in the best position to win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I forget….what happened to Almora?

OF Albert Almora Jr. (right shoulder contusion)
    Expected return: Late August/early September

An MRI taken on Almora’s shoulder showed no serious damage, making the club optimistic he could return to the active roster when eligible on Aug. 30. He landed on the injured list after making a pair of great diving catches on Aug. 19 vs. the Pirates and falling short on another in the ninth inning, when he came up hunched over in discomfort but remained in to finish the game after being checked by trainers. (Last updated: Aug. 22)

Dunn gave some hope in this start that he could be a decent starting pitcher or at least a usable bullpen arm. Interesting to see what happens next time out for him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sal View Post

Edit:
    Our players should always hustle and go all out. If Senzel is hurt then he shouldn't be out there. If he's dogging it then that's a bigger problem

11. Likes:

Sassy Sal (08-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Our players should always hustle and go all out. If Senzel is hurt then he shouldn't be out there. If he's dogging it then that's a bigger problem
    I think it may have been Sadak pondering what the Reds would do defensively if Senzel had to leave the game, since India and Moustakas are already banged up. There were two options (neither of which were great, but both were viable):

A) Solano moves from 1B to 3B, Romine moves from C to 1B, and Chuckie Robinson enters the game at C.

B) Farmer moves into the field at 3B, and the DH is lost for the remainder of the game.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 08-26-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    I disagree, you play to win the game. He's on 3rd with no urgency to score. If they are going to get back in it he can limp home when the opportunity comes and save the sub runner in case it gets close and the situation comes up, or if you tie it and it goes extra. Reds have been very good this season about giving effort until the end of the game, and the manager should retain options to put them in the best position to win in the end.
    I understand your point, but I want to score the run there. If he's hurt, and it didn't look good at all, then you need to take him out before it gets worse and try to plate a run if possible. I'm not under any illusion that they were going to come back and win, but it happens once in a while. I think it gives a mental advantage to the next batter and a disadvantage to the pitcher to score. Still, it's not a huge deal that I'm going to argue till I'm blue in the face.

Turn Off Ads?