Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The most '70s song

Re: The most '70s song

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Great one!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    For going all the damn way over the top, I'm going with "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding".

Another dandy!!! Great song!
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

Did anyone else like this song? I loved the '70's, especially early and mid 70's, but this song was from late in the 70's and was one of my favorite of the decade. I still listen to it a couple or three dozen times a year. Takes me back to my junior year in high school. GREAT cruisin' song... One of the best one hit wonders EVER.

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

4. Likes:

marcshoe (09-21-2022)

Best female rocker voice ever.... a classic from the 70's.

---- Bill Vaughn

I was an eighth grader when this one came out. My gosh, did Frankie Valli know how to give birth to a pop song. Valli was a master!!! The day I was born (Oct 3, 1962), Valli's " Sherry" was the #1 song in the country. Dude's a legend... In this classic, Frankie's drummer, Gerry Polci sang lead(and what a job he did!!!) . That's right, that's not Valli singing most of the song! Polci married Franki's daughter , I believe.

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 09-21-2022 at 11:09 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Did anyone else like this song? I loved the '70's, especially early and mid 70's, but this song was from late in the 70's and was one of my favorite of the decade. I still listen to it a couple or three dozen times a year. Takes me back to my junior year in high school. GREAT cruisin' song... One of the best one hit wonders EVER.

Takes me back to Friday nights at the roller skating rink.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (09-21-2022)

Turn Off Ads?