Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    No he’s not. His TD was primarily because the Dolphins shifted their entire secondary to Chase’s side. And he was going against some scrub. He’s a great #2 but probably a mediocre #1. Someone will probably pay #1 money but he won’t perform like it.

To me he’s Reggie Wayne to Jamar. He’d be better served staying in Cincinnati for his next contract.
    A couple of the twitter all 22 screen shots pretty much show how much coverage is rolling towards Chase. Tee is taking advantage of that, and probably should all season long. Its a nice luxury to have.

I thought about this the other day, if the Bears were to offer you a #1 for Tee, would you take it? I used the Bears because their WR's all are awful and they need to get Fields some help. FWIW I think Tee is a heck of a player to have, a player that makes this team better, but for the most part, he isn't the type of guy you extend long term in the current environment.

I want to see what Mixon looks like after this mini bye. He very well may be toast, but it also may be a situation where you can rest him from time to time. I just don't have faith as Perine as the backup, I want to see Evans get more run.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Just because Chase is better does not mean Tee would not be a 1 on another team...while a lot of folks tend to overvalue players you for some reason consistently undervalue.

Higgins stats back up the fact that he is a 1 and will be paid accordingly.

Are there any players on this team you actually like.
    I do not speak for TG, but I think the point here is that Chase is the clear #1 and should get the highest number of targets. Higgins has made and continues to make big plays for this team and is clearly a wonderful offensive weapon. But to me, maximizing Chase is the best chance you have to win a championship. I would pay a LT big money, instead of paying Higgins big money. His comp might be Stefon Diggs who was a 1B to thielen’s 1A, and he wanted to be a #1. Looks like a good decision for him, and the Bills, who look stronger than the Vikes right now. But the Vikes received a #1 pick, that they used for JJ, who is as good as Diggs but way cheaper, so it also worked out for the Vikes, because Thielen is now no longer a #1, but is still a great route runner.

The Bengals do need to be more creative in designing plays to get Chase the ball. Put him in motion, bunch sets and have him dart out from the slot. If Taylor is the offensive guru he supposed to be, this should be right up his alley. I don't get why their offense looks so vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I do not speak for TG, but I think the point here is that Chase is the clear #1 and should get the highest number of targets. Higgins has made and continues to make big plays for this team and is clearly a wonderful offensive weapon. But to me, maximizing Chase is the best chance you have to win a championship. I would pay a LT big money, instead of paying Higgins big money. His comp might be Stefon Diggs who was a 1B to thielen’s 1A, and he wanted to be a #1. Looks like a good decision for him, and the Bills, who look stronger than the Vikes right now. But the Vikes received a #1 pick, that they used for JJ, who is as good as Diggs but way cheaper, so it also worked out for the Vikes, because Thielen is now no longer a #1, but is still a great route runner.
    My initial point was and is he is going to break the bank and will be paid like a 1 and he has the stats to back it up...he's definitely 1b on this team which usually ends up meaning your going to get paid, see Christian Kirk. Higgins is better than Kirk IMHO. I do like the Diggs comp though as I was thinking the same thing watching Buffalo yesterday.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    A couple of the twitter all 22 screen shots pretty much show how much coverage is rolling towards Chase. Tee is taking advantage of that, and probably should all season long. Its a nice luxury to have.

I thought about this the other day, if the Bears were to offer you a #1 for Tee, would you take it? I used the Bears because their WR's all are awful and they need to get Fields some help. FWIW I think Tee is a heck of a player to have, a player that makes this team better, but for the most part, he isn't the type of guy you extend long term in the current environment.

I want to see what Mixon looks like after this mini bye. He very well may be toast, but it also may be a situation where you can rest him from time to time. I just don't have faith as Perine as the backup, I want to see Evans get more run.
    Yes I would.

Would the Bears offer a top 10 pick for Tee? Probably not.

I would then take Peter Skoronski and Jahmyr Gibbs and call it a draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?