Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

With the final preseason and Super Bowl rematch in the books time for a season thread.

I’m going with 11-6 for this season but for that to happen they will have to go no better than 7-2 before the bye. The season gets pretty brutal after that.

Also hoping for a Sunday night game to get flexed possibly to Cincinnati.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

12-5
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11-6 and the division title.

If Burrow and the line stays healthy, I see 13-4 en route to a Superb Owl sighting.

If Burrow goes down, Bengals are picking high again.

If the line suffers even one injury, things could get really spicy, but playoffs are still in the forecast. The AFC North actually looks pretty weak this season.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If Burrow and the line stays healthy, I see 13-4 en route to a Superb Owl sighting.

If Burrow goes down, Bengals are picking high again.

If the line suffers even one injury, things could get really spicy, but playoffs are still in the forecast. The AFC North actually looks pretty weak this season.
    I think the Ravens rebound. They were absolutely snakebit by injuries last year and lightning doesn’t usually strike twice. I feel like Kyle Hamilton will be the Troy Polamalu of this generation and they’ve hit on a lot of other young players. The problem is they are so run centric that Lamar Jackson has no weapons to throw to. They traded Hollywood Brown and have yet to adequately replace him. It’ll be Mark Andrews and banking on a breakout year from Rashod Bateman.

The Browns have to hope Jacoby Brissett keeps them afloat until Deshaun Watson comes back. I’m not buying the Browns especially when a lesser QB than Mayfield is starting the first 11 games. Next year maybe but for this year I don’t see the Browns being a factor in the division.

The Steelers are a team that should be in a full rebuild but because they are the Cowboys of the AFC they won’t. The defense will keep them in games but the offensive line is probably worse than what nearly got Burrow killed last year and Kenny Pickett isn’t Burrow.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-28-2022),redsfandan (08-30-2022)

Pretty spot on analysis.

Ravens do match up favorably against the Bengals because of the TE advantage they have over our LBs. That will continue to be exploited. And Pittsburgh always plays the Bengals tough, and vice versa, even in years when one team is clearly better than the other.

I just don't see anything good coming from Cleveland or Pittsburgh this season but man I have eaten those words before about a thousand times...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Browns are not going to be a fun team to play because of Myles Garrett, the rest of the D, and Nick Chubb. However, if you don’t have a QB you don’t have a team. They are playing for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Browns are not going to be a fun team to play because of Myles Garrett, the rest of the D, and Nick Chubb. However, if you don’t have a QB you don’t have a team. They are playing for 2023.
    That’s kinda my thoughts too. The pieces are there except at QB. The Browns are like the Colts in the last five years in that they’ve had everything to be successful except the one position that you have to have. Once Watson comes back they need a WR other than Amari Cooper and they will be set.

There are no easy outs in the AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Pretty spot on analysis.

Ravens do match up favorably against the Bengals because of the TE advantage they have over our LBs. That will continue to be exploited. And Pittsburgh always plays the Bengals tough, and vice versa, even in years when one team is clearly better than the other.

I just don't see anything good coming from Cleveland or Pittsburgh this season but man I have eaten those words before about a thousand times...
    I think Dax Hill will get a lot of work against Mark Andrews this season...I am excited to see that match up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That’s kinda my thoughts too. The pieces are there except at QB. The Browns are like the Colts in the last five years in that they’ve had everything to be successful except the one position that you have to have. Once Watson comes back they need a WR other than Amari Cooper and they will be set.

There are no easy outs in the AFC North.
    I know on paper the Browns WR room looks weak, however, I think a few players have quite a bit of potential. I would not be surprised at all if David Bell becomes one of the best possession WRs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I know on paper the Browns WR room looks weak, however, I think a few players have quite a bit of potential. I would not be surprised at all if David Bell becomes one of the best possession WRs in the NFL.
    Yeah Bell and DPJ aren’t bad. They aren’t a top 5 WR room, but they are a lot closer to the middle than the bottom.

The Browns playoff case is basically they have a bit of a weak early schedule that could get them to 5-6 and then you hope that Watson isn’t insanely rusty and can go 5-1 and than 10-7 is a Wild Card. But that’s a lot of ifs and the Bengals and Ravens are both going to be good, so it’s a very narrow path.

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-29-2022)

The Ravens may well rebound, but if Lamar can't throw, and he has shown little signs of that, it will be the same old story with them. I see them starting out hot, but then waring down as the season progresses. I have heard Kyle Hamilton hasn't gotten such rave reviews this preseason.

The Browns may have the best roster in the league, sans QB. If Brissett can lead them to a 4-7 or 5-6 record, Watson may make it interesting. But I think I can see this imploding as well.

The Steelers were a .500 team last year with a bad QB. Now they are a .500 team with a rookie QB. Not a Pickett fan, you don't start as many games in college as he did and then not pull away in a QB battle.

Just a couple of around the league:

The Bronco's had a nasty defense and a terrible QB last year. Now they have a nasty defense with a future HOF QB. I think they take the West.

KC regresses but is dangerous come playoff time.

Buffalo isn't great, but runs away with the division anyway.

Tua time is over in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Ravens may well rebound, but if Lamar can't throw, and he has shown little signs of that, it will be the same old story with them. I see them starting out hot, but then waring down as the season progresses. I have heard Kyle Hamilton hasn't gotten such rave reviews this preseason.

The Browns may have the best roster in the league, sans QB. If Brissett can lead them to a 4-7 or 5-6 record, Watson may make it interesting. But I think I can see this imploding as well.

The Steelers were a .500 team last year with a bad QB. Now they are a .500 team with a rookie QB. Not a Pickett fan, you don't start as many games in college as he did and then not pull away in a QB battle.

Just a couple of around the league:

The Bronco's had a nasty defense and a terrible QB last year. Now they have a nasty defense with a future HOF QB. I think they take the West.

KC regresses but is dangerous come playoff time.

Buffalo isn't great, but runs away with the division anyway.

Tua time is over in Miami.
    The AFC West is up for grabs.

Don’t sleep on the Chargers. They’ve beefed up their offensive line in the last two drafts and really added to their defense with Khalil Mack and JC Jackson.

Mahomes is going to miss Tyreek Hill and having MVS and Juju to replace him is a step down. I think Skyy Moore could be an adequate replacement but not this year. Between KC and GB this year this is what Burrow gets to look forward to in coming years.

The Raiders are the weakest link even with Davantae Adams. Again like the AFC North there isn’t a tough out in the AFC West but compared to the rest of the division I don’t think the Raiders did enough.

I think the Broncos got the wrong QB. Aaron Rodgers would have gotten them over the hump in the division but I’m not that high on Russ. That said there’s more weapons for Russ in Denver than in Seattle. The Broncos are better but IMO it’s LA and KC for the division.

17. Likes:

bm1475 (08-29-2022)

Don’t sleep on the Chargers. They’ve beefed up their offensive line in the last two drafts and really added to their defense with Khalil Mack and JC Jackson.

Mahomes is going to miss Tyreek Hill and having MVS and Juju to replace him is a step down. I think Skyy Moore could be an adequate replacement but not this year. Between KC and GB this year this is what Burrow gets to look forward to in coming years.

The Raiders are the weakest link even with Davantae Adams. Again like the AFC North there isn’t a tough out in the AFC West but compared to the rest of the division I don’t think the Raiders did enough.

I think the Broncos got the wrong QB. Aaron Rodgers would have gotten them over the hump in the division but I’m not that high on Russ. That said there’s more weapons for Russ in Denver than in Seattle. The Broncos are better but IMO it’s LA and KC for the division.
    I am not doubting Mack, I just am cautious about NFL players later in their careers who have bounced around a bit. I do think the AFC west is the best division in football and it is a tossup. That Denver defense was nasty when the Bengals played them, and the only reason it wasn't a double digit Bronco's win is they had no QB. I think Russ gives them a very good QB who can win them games. The winner of the AFC may be a tough 10-7 or worse. The difference between Russ and Rodgers is Rodgers is a massive headache.

I don't like offenses where the TE is the most dangerous weapon. Yes Kelce is great, but he isn't the game breaker Hill was. In relationship to the Bengals, I think both Burrow and Chase get long term extensions and then they are forced to pick and choose elsewhere. We will see how Juju does in KC, normally when Pitt lets a WR go it doesn't exactly end well for that WR.

I don't think Denver has 2 WRs as good as DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett

Turn Off Ads?