Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Season Thread: The Jungle is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think Denver has 2 WRs as good as DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett
    Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy both could with better QB play. They’ve had Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater so Russ is likely going to elevate their stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am not doubting Mack, I just am cautious about NFL players later in their careers who have bounced around a bit. I do think the AFC west is the best division in football and it is a tossup. That Denver defense was nasty when the Bengals played them, and the only reason it wasn't a double digit Bronco's win is they had no QB. I think Russ gives them a very good QB who can win them games. The winner of the AFC may be a tough 10-7 or worse. The difference between Russ and Rodgers is Rodgers is a massive headache.

I don't like offenses where the TE is the most dangerous weapon. Yes Kelce is great, but he isn't the game breaker Hill was. In relationship to the Bengals, I think both Burrow and Chase get long term extensions and then they are forced to pick and choose elsewhere. We will see how Juju does in KC, normally when Pitt lets a WR go it doesn't exactly end well for that WR.
    It worked for Plaxico Burress. He won a Super Bowl ring with the Giants.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The one cut that confuses me is Drue Chrisman. Feels like a sentimental move to keep Huber.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The one cut that confuses me is Drue Chrisman. Feels like a sentimental move to keep Huber.
    Probably a situation where you have to knock out the champ. Their stats were even in the preseason. Huber is the known quantity as a holder.

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Probably a situation where you have to knock out the champ. Their stats were even in the preseason. Huber is the known quantity as a holder.
    I don't think Huber has been all that good for the past few seasons. Had he not been a local kid I don't think he would have been on this team for this long.

I don't think punter changes the direction of this club this year, but it is something they need to address in the very near future.

I thought Huber was all but gone too...from what I read they like Huber's ability to hold and to directionally punt. Christman has the much stronger leg...I would think he will land somewhere.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think Huber has been all that good for the past few seasons. Had he not been a local kid I don't think he would have been on this team for this long.

I don't think punter changes the direction of this club this year, but it is something they need to address in the very near future.
    Dehner and Morrison thought they would have taken one in the 5th round this year but the best three were gone by the time they picked. And it's a fortunate break that Araiza wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I thought Huber was all but gone too...from what I read they like Huber's ability to hold and to directionally punt. Christman has the much stronger leg...I would think he will land somewhere.
    Christman didn't land anywhere last year

WR Mike Thomas cut today. That leaves us with only 5 WRs. I thought they might go with 7.

WR Mike Thomas cut today. That leaves us with only 5 WRs. I thought they might go with 7.
    I guess this is roster maneuvering, Dehner is saying he'll probably be back after some guys go on IR.

It's such a deep roster that I'm more interested than usual in seeing who makes the practice squad.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I hope they kept Kendric Pryor as a wide receiver. He was looking good in the preseason.

Also I would have kept Browning as a backup over Allen

15. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-30-2022)

I was hoping they’d keep Kwamie Lassiter but he got cut as well.

https://theathletic.com/3542679/2022...ng-candidates/

This article about all of the QB's Callahan has worked with is absolute gold...its on the Athletic behind their paywall.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

18. Likes:

Redsfaithful (08-31-2022)

Wonder if the Bengals could look at Alex Leatherwood for depth. He was cut by the Raiders.

I thought he might be a possibility in the second round that year before the Raiders reached for him. Could be good depth at guard.

Turn Off Ads?