Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most 90's Song

Re: The Most 90's Song

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    For me rap in the 90's,means Public Enemy.
    From Fear of a Black Planet there is "911 is a Joke" and "Burn Holly wood Burn".. Above all is "Welcome to the Terrordome"
    Great pick. Can't argue with it. You can make a pretty strong case that record set the '80s on fire and ended them. My main thought is Wu is what rose from those ashes and defined the decade they were in. I suspect if we posed this question to those groups, PE would tell us it's Wu and Wu would tell us it's PE.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The guy who posted this vid has tons of 90’s late night with Leno music acts…good channel to lose yourself in.

4. Likes:

M2 (09-03-2022)

Currently on my speaker

6. Likes:

M2 (01-04-2023),Mitri (01-04-2023),RichRed (01-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Black Hole Sun — Soundgarden

The mood, the sound, the production, the aesthetics. It’s the quintessential 90’s song.
    I have vivid memories of this playing nonstop in the high school weight room the summer it was released.

Also:

Biggy - Juicy
    Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody

That’s my trifecta. Maybe throw in Losing My Religion to round it out.

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-10-2023),westofyou (01-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    If we’re just naming rad 90s songs that come to mind…

This entire album rules btw.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Currently on my speaker

And it must always be the Norman Cook remix.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

westofyou (01-04-2023)

I've had alanis morisette GH compilation on the car CD player this week. A really strong group of songs.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

13. Likes:

757690 (01-16-2023),westofyou (01-04-2023)

I have been listening to the "Singles" soundtrack a lot recently. "Drown" by Smashing Pumpkins is incredible - it is insane they were completely unknown when this soundtrack was getting put together. "Chloe Dancer" by Mother Love Bone, excellent. "Waiting for Somebody" by Westerburg is really fun.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

marcshoe (01-06-2023),Revering4Blue (01-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If you have Disney+ try the show Bluey. It’s honestly fantastic, my wife and I even enjoy watching it with the kids.
    Sorry, just saw this. Yes, my granddaughter Cora was over recently and this is one of her favorite shows. Pop and her hung out and watched it. We’re best buds.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have been listening to the "Singles" soundtrack a lot recently. "Drown" by Smashing Pumpkins is incredible - it is insane they were completely unknown when this soundtrack was getting put together. "Chloe Dancer" by Mother Love Bone, excellent. "Waiting for Somebody" by Westerburg is really fun.
    Mother Love Bone is such a tragic story. Pretty wild to think that the Seattle band Green River ultimately gave birth to Mudhoney and Mother Love Bone, then after Andy Wood’s death Mother Love Bone gave birth to Pearl Jam.

On the topic of Andy Wood, Temple of The Dog was an awesome project. “Hunger Strike” is a regular in the Operator household.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

19. Likes:

marcshoe (01-06-2023),RedTeamGo! (01-06-2023),Revering4Blue (01-06-2023),RichRed (01-06-2023)

The quintessential 90’s song is a hard choice for me, overall. I’m a 90’s kid so a lot of my formative experiences were had while those songs blasted in the background.

I’ve been on a huge Soundgarden kick lately. Both of my daughters are absolutely hypnotized by Black Hole Sun… that watery guitar sound during the verse, Cornell’s voice, and that very 90’s music video just stops them in their tracks when they’re acting wild. Love it. Honorable mention to Outshined, Spoonman, Pretty Noose, Burden In My Hand, Bleed Together and Searching With My Good Eye Closed. All bangers.

Nirvana was probably my first ever favorite band. Obviously Smells Like Teen Spirit was their iconic song, but they had so many bangers for only doing three proper studio albums. In Bloom, Lithium, On a Plain, Scentless Apprentice, About a Girl, Dumb, Milk It… I could go on for days. Blew gets an honorable mention for having an awesome guitar riff and the solo being some of Kurt’s best guitar work.

Alice In Chains was awesome… the 3-Legged Dog album really did a lot for me. Heaven Beside You, Sludge Factory, Over Now… so good.

One band I feel like sort of gets crapped on a lot is Stone Temple Pilots. They were sort of seen as a Pearl Jam ripoff after Core was released, but their sound evolved a ton over their next few albums. Purple, Tiny Music and No. 4 were all outstanding albums. And Core was good too, just a little more mainstream and they hadn’t really found their niche yet.

Anyway, I digress.
    Last edited by The Operator; 01-06-2023 at 10:48 AM.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-06-2023),Revering4Blue (01-06-2023)

They call me "chef"

Tiny Music was pretty weird and cool, especially for a band at that level of popularity. Core, as you said, was basic and IMO Purple feels like a growing pain record that shows evolution but it lacks fun and I find it a little hard to listen to.

23. Likes:

Mitri (01-06-2023),The Operator (01-06-2023)

Interstate Love Song is such a quintessential 90s track. That’s a good choice for “The Most 90s Song”.

I agree that STP are overlooked. They produced some of the eras best singles and Tiny Music is a classic.

25. Likes:

The Operator (01-06-2023)

Not my favorite song in the world but a good pop song nonetheless, and a song that just was all over the radio and hard to get out of your head in the latter half of the 90’s was “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind.

Do-Do-Do… Do-Do-Do-Dooo… IIIII want somethin’ eeelllsssee… to get me through this…

27. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-11-2023)

They call me "chef"

Stephan Jenkins is a colossal tool who has tried to financially shut out seminal members from their due credit and a probable creep who has been grandfathered to safety past the #MeToo movement BUT I will defend the music. First three albums, Self titled, Blue, and Out of the Vein, are solid alt-rock pop albums and they had a mini-resurgence of quality with Dopamine in 2015. Everything else is very spotty with a handful of great pop/rock tracks mixed in.

Turn Off Ads?