Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most 90's Song

Re: The Most 90's Song

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Not my favorite song in the world but a good pop song nonetheless, and a song that just was all over the radio and hard to get out of your head in the latter half of the 90’s was “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind.

Do-Do-Do… Do-Do-Do-Dooo… IIIII want somethin’ eeelllsssee… to get me through this…
    Had a friend whose band practice space was right next to theirs, he HATED them with a passion

2. Likes:

The Operator (01-06-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Essential reading on the ******baggery of Stephan Jenkins as recounted by indie rock nice guy John Vanderslice:

https://www.avclub.com/singer-songwr...nal-1798238890

5. Likes:

M2 (01-08-2023)

If you want to hear a good five minutes straight of quotes from people crapping on Stephan Jenkins, listen to the beginning of this podcast (great podcast in general if you like '90s music):

https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/9/2...-collins-eve-6

7. Likes:

M2 (01-08-2023)

I heard an interview with Edwin McCain, of all people, on one of the local Virginia radio stations in the early 2000s. He referred to Stephan Jenkins as “a butthole.” That always tickled me.
    Last edited by RichRed; 01-06-2023 at 02:49 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Shows you how much of a 3EB fan I am/was, I did not know their singer was named Stephan Jenkins, lol.

Definitely some interesting backstory.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Mother Love Bone is such a tragic story. Pretty wild to think that the Seattle band Green River ultimately gave birth to Mudhoney and Mother Love Bone, then after Andy Wood’s death Mother Love Bone gave birth to Pearl Jam.

On the topic of Andy Wood, Temple of The Dog was an awesome project. “Hunger Strike” is a regular in the Operator household.
    I need to do a podcast about my side hustle- the people and stories I run into...

It was recently found out that after Andrew Wood died, a fan kept an eye on the dumpster behind his apartment- his family threw away a lot of his stuff...this guy smartly and thankfully grabbed it.

oh, the stuff that he had. Handwritten lyrics, post cards, clothing. All things that belong in MoPop, which is where they'll end up.

There was a post card that Andy sent to his girlfriend Xana while he was recording Apple- my gosh it is sweet and romantic and would have been lost forever.

Anyway- Mother Love Bone is a favorite and Chloe, Man of Golden Words, Stargazer...just some of the best 90s music. It really bridges Guns N Roses to grunge, it's spectacular.

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (01-08-2023),Revering4Blue (01-07-2023),westofyou (01-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I need to do a podcast about my side hustle- the people and stories I run into...

It was recently found out that after Andrew Wood died, a fan kept an eye on the dumpster behind his apartment- his family threw away a lot of his stuff...this guy smartly and thankfully grabbed it.

oh, the stuff that he had. Handwritten lyrics, post cards, clothing. All things that belong in MoPop, which is where they'll end up.

There was a post card that Andy sent to his girlfriend Xana while he was recording Apple- my gosh it is sweet and romantic and would have been lost forever.

Anyway- Mother Love Bone is a favorite and Chloe, Man of Golden Words, Stargazer...just some of the best 90s music. It really bridges Guns N Roses to grunge, it's spectacular.
    Man that’s a crazy story. It’s wild how people run into stuff like that sometimes.

Andrew Wood would have been a huge star. No doubt about it. Such a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (01-06-2023),Revering4Blue (01-07-2023)

So, my brain files "Semi-Charmed Life" and "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies as the same song. And the label on that file reads "Nope."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Mitri (01-08-2023),vaticanplum (01-14-2023),westofyou (01-10-2023)

Madonna- Vogue
    Sinead O'Connor- Nothing Compares 2 U

Both spent several weeks at #1.

I'd say as well Puff Daddy and the Family were like huge when I was in middle school/high school. Like couldn't avoid them if I tried. These were the 2 big songs it seemed:

Mo Money Mo Problems
    I'll Be Missing You

I just tossed a 5th of Gin, I'm going to Diz Knee Land

18. Likes:

RichRed (01-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I just tossed a 5th of Gin, I'm going to Diz Knee Land

The last time I heard that song was 27 years ago.....wow. Oldie but goodie.

They call me "chef"

Lmao. That was on a custom playlist I used to lull my daughter to sleep when she was an infant. I put on a ton of 80s and 90s rock hits and random cuts like Spin Doctors “Two Princes”, Springsteen’s “I’m on Fire”, and this Dada song. It got her to pass out within 3-4 songs on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Lmao. That was on a custom playlist I used to lull my daughter to sleep when she was an infant. I put on a ton of 80s and 90s rock hits and random cuts like Spin Doctors “Two Princes”, Springsteen’s “I’m on Fire”, and this Dada song. It got her to pass out within 3-4 songs on a good day.
    I was spinning Accuradio this afternoon and they played Two Princes into that Dada song

22. Likes:

Larry Schuler (01-10-2023)

They call me "chef"

The Baby Larry Jr Playlist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DDEF57E-C9AF-4936-8FFB-EA261FF3EA65.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	19110

Name:	43A562E2-4936-45DE-8502-6B90B2D430C2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	19111

Name:	F3B15091-A973-4669-9191-D37DBABFBE5F.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	19112

24. Likes:

RichRed (01-11-2023),westofyou (01-10-2023),WildcatFan (01-11-2023)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3EuWg2qNI

Candlebox- Far Behind

This is so 90s. And about Andy Wood. Kevin Martin wrote it about their relationship- and the original lyric was "Now Andy, I didn't mean to treat you bad..."

And 10 hours before recording it he chickened out and changed it to "Now maybe..."

Reading the lyrics in that context it is clear as day, but he kept it secret for a good while.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-10-2023 at 08:26 PM.

Turn Off Ads?