Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Back to the 80's ... The "Most '80s" Songs

Re: Back to the 80's ... The "Most '80s" Songs

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Didn't this play out in the uncensored version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax video?
    The Pleasure Principle is a guilty pleasure that I indulge in at least every 90 days

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I think both hold up very well. That video is absolutely romantic and thrilling. I watched it the other day- it's amazing.

The song has been redone of course and it's still great.

- - - Updated - - -

1984 is about the best year in music history.

The 80s are better than anything after 1995.

Without a doubt.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Loved the Milton Berle appearance. He was funny with his facial expressions alone.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Most of what I listen to is post-1995, so that's a no for me. My general take is there's great stuff in every decade. It's just a matter of whether you're listening to it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

westofyou (09-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Pleasure Principle is a guilty pleasure that I indulge in at least every 90 days
    Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.. duh

8. Likes:

klw (09-23-2022)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Most of what I listen to is post-1995, so that's a no for me. My general take is there's great stuff in every decade. It's just a matter of whether you're listening to it.
    After grunge, I never found much I liked. Well- at least not in the quantity I took in when I was younger.

I have things I listen to that are recent....but the last post 1995 band that I got into was maybe System of a Down or Linkin Park...Coldplay is fine.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I maintain the '80s officially started the moment Van Halen released "Unchained".

Not a popular opinion, but Diver Down and Fair Warning > 1984 by a landslide.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I recall it.. not the name

But it brings up a good reminder that the US is not the world

Throughout their career, a-ha has officially released 32 singles. 13 of them became top ten singles in the UK, and 14 singles have been number one on the radio lists over the world.
    This is, no doubt, the song you're thinking of.

Peak 80's for me would be A-Ha wrestling Kajagoogoo to deafening New Order songs
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 09-23-2022 at 01:18 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

1984 is about the best year in music history.
    It was a great year for music - both Pop and Rock. Lots of Pop/Rock crossover in the 80's. Not much at all of that today with the possible exception of AAA radio, which is why my knowledge of Pop after the 80's that didn't cross over onto some form of Rock radio is severely limited, FWIW.

Here's a forgotten Pop/Rock 1984 one hit wonder:

Disagree.

Citing two examples, Inside Out - Eve 6 and Why I'm Here - Oleander hold up infinitely better over time than Ratt and Quiet Riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    It was a great year for music - both Pop and Rock. Lots of Pop/Rock crossover in the 80's. Not much at all of that today with the possible exception of AAA radio, which is why my knowledge of Pop after the 80's that didn't cross over onto some form of Rock radio is severely limited, FWIW.

Here's a forgotten Pop/Rock 1984 one hit wonder:

Disagree.

Citing two examples, Inside Out - Eve 6 and Why I'm Here - Oleander hold up infinitely better over time than Ratt and Quiet Riot.
    I always thought that this was a David Bowie song. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I always thought that this was a David Bowie song. LOL.
    Come to think of it, that track and Icehouse's "No Promises" did sound an awful lot like Bowie, both vocally and in musical style (at the time).

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Come to think of it, that track and Icehouse's "No Promises" did sound an awful lot like Bowie, both vocally and in musical style (at the time).
    Icehouse! Electric Blue and Crazy. And Ian Davies did a cover of Heroes too that wasnt awful.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2022)

Some of these songs I haven’t heard in a while after wearing them out. And singing to them without knowing all the lyrics.

China………China……….something something history. Is that the way you want to be. I forgot about the sing until Randy from South Park reminded me.

Big in Japan by Alphaville.

The Only One I Know by Charlatans UK. I always heard it as We are only what we know.

There’s No Other Way by Blur. Since there’s no 90s thread that I saw I will just pretend this is still the 80s in spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    There’s No Other Way by Blur. Since there’s no 90s thread that I saw I will just pretend this is still the 80s in spirit.
    Here it be - https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...Most-90-s-Song.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Back to the 80's ... The "Most '80s" Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Some of these songs I haven’t heard in a while after wearing them out. And singing to them without knowing all the lyrics.

China………China……….something something history. Is that the way you want to be. I forgot about the sing until Randy from South Park reminded me.

Big in Japan by Alphaville.

The Only One I Know by Charlatans UK. I always heard it as We are only what we know.

That’s China by Red Rockers from 1983. For awhile, I misheard the lyrics and thought China, China was Join Up, Join Up. Must have been the lead singer’s accent. That vocalist later fronted Cowboy Mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?