Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do/did for a living?

Re: What do you do/did for a living?

Self employed Fire Sprinkler Engineer/Designer

Life is great and Iím very blessed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

2. Likes:

goreds2 (12-25-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Entertainment and bartending. Hopefully I'll go back to being a full-time entertainer next year, but I need some good fortune with my health first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Stop quoting me on things I never said.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Entertainment and bartending. Hopefully I'll go back to being a full-time entertainer next year, but I need some good fortune with my health first.
    What kind of entertainment? Hopefully it's something cool, like a musician or Chippendale Dancer.

I work in the air cargo industry, with an emphasis on making sure a plane isn't carrying something (or a combination) that would bring a plane down.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

I've done everything from design hospitals to help hospital systems decide how many hospitals to build and where to ditching Architecture and moving into quantitative modeling the stock market to finally working on data base design for large data sets for a blockchain firm.

35 years after college if you'd told me I'd be sitting in front of a IBM Power Box coding for something called Blockchain I'd have called you crazy. Been a fun ride the current gig is work from home.

8. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-03-2024)

Wife and I have a mom & pop market research consultancy.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

insurance agent- if anybody knows of something else, id love to sell my agency and go do it.

For the past 30.5 years I've worked for a small environmental consulting firm as a project manager/geologist.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    What kind of entertainment? Hopefully it's something cool, like a musician or Chippendale Dancer.
    Songwriter/Performer/Singer/Musician/Trivia Host/Karaoke Jockey/misc.. I used to tour a bit, but I set that aside once the pandemic hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Stop quoting me on things I never said.

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrell04 View Post
    For the past 30.5 years I've worked for a small environmental consulting firm as a project manager/geologist.
    In college, I remember a poster in the hallway of the Geology department that said "Stop Sea Floor Spreading!" And I entertained the idea of a geology major, except science is hard.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Retired TV director/producer, in Cincinnati for a few years, then in Indianapolis for a few decades. Also freelanced for a bunch of sports throughout the Midwest, including a few Reds games.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

15. Likes:

goreds2 (01-06-2024),TRF (01-20-2024)

Aristocratic Hoosier

I worked as a scout in search of exotic dancers for live-stage work inside a 300-mile radius.
    After I retired, I went into brain surgery and have produced some fairly interesting results, as our political narratives prove.
    In the other world, I spent way too much time in the print media and quit just as the exotic dancers gig came open.
    One of these is not true.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

Turn Off Ads?