Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9-18-22 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15

Re: 9-18-22 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15

Not much nail biting after all: Farmer gets Pujols to pop out to 2nd, Arenado flies out to right and Burleson pops out to first foul.

Reds win!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

2. Likes:

goreds2 (09-19-2022),Kingspoint (09-18-2022),Ron Madden (09-18-2022),ShyGuy (09-18-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Hey better one game winning streak vs STL going forward versus losing the last 4 vs them

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-18-2022),Ron Madden (09-18-2022),Tadasimha (09-18-2022)

Reds pitchers have not given up a run over the last 24 innings. The umps botched a call last night, but aside from that, they have been cooking with Crisco.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-18-2022)

Had a family barbecue at one of my daughters house had a tv in the deck to watch the Reds until the Bengal game. Then had a radio out by the pool to listen to the rest of the Reds game. I was busy going back and forth. lol

Glad the Reds won was disappointed with the Bengal game. Would love for the Reds to get hot and go on a winning streak.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-19-2022),goreds2 (09-19-2022),Tom Servo (09-18-2022)

Cessa has eye on earning permanent spot in rotation
    Luis Cessa made 36 relief appearances and had one cameo appearance as an opener for the Reds this season before being moved to the team’s starting rotation largely out of necessity.

The attrition of the Trade Deadline and a long season’s injuries provided him with an opportunity to make his first starts in the Majors since 2018, and on Sunday, he turned in a performance to more than validate that decision.

Cessa tossed five scoreless innings on 75 pitches, allowing only one hit and two walks to pair with a strikeout in Cincinnati’s 3-0 win over the Cardinals at Busch Stadium.

It was his first appearance of at least five scoreless innings since July 9, 2018, as a member of the Yankees, and only the third of his big league career.

“The team is happy,” Cessa said. “We needed that win today. Tough loss last night, so we win today, it’s really good for the team.”

After Mike Minor surrendered a two-run home run to Yadier Molina with one out in the third inning of Saturday’s first game, the Reds did not allow another earned run in the series -- a span of 24 2/3 innings.

To compete against teams at the top of the standings, Reds manager David Bell said, ‘it takes your best baseball, and I thought both teams played a great series. Incredible defense, really good pitching, good quality baseball on both sides. They won the series, but I felt like we played right with them.”

full article here:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/luis-cessa-...innings-in-win

Cessa has pitched 25.1 innings his last 5 starts. 20 hits and 5 walks. 0.99 WHIP. I'd say he's earned a crack at #5 rotation spot with Overton in spring training next year.

I know I've said this multiple times before but I'll say it once more --- I like Luis Cessa a lot.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Reds were the only major Ohio sports team to win on Sunday. ( Bengals, Browns, Guardians and Crew )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I am sorry I missed this game. We decided to get out and drive around the country on this afternoon and was out most of the day. Cessa has been pretty good and has gotten better in each start. Maybe they found a back end starter in him for 2023?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

goreds2 (09-19-2022)

Cardinal fans gotta be fit to be tied with their offense right now. Two and a half games of shutout baseball while facing this pitching staff is certainly cause for alarm

Turn Off Ads?