Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    WVU is one of the worst teams in the Big 12 and on the NCAA tournament bubble.

But it’s typical WVU under Huggins when he has decent players. Look good in non conference, go .500 or worse in the Big 12, crash in the Sweet 16.
    I did not expect this after the way they demolished my Gators back in November.

We also lost to Oklahoma in Charlotte after leading by 2 at the half, they beat us by 9. WVU smoked us by 29.

We've been playing better as of late but we head to Manhattan on Saturday to visit our old friend Keyontae Johnson and the current top team in the B12 Kansas State. It may just be that the B12 is the premier conference in the nation this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I did not expect this after the way they demolished my Gators back in November.

We also lost to Oklahoma in Charlotte after leading by 2 at the half, they beat us by 9. WVU smoked us by 29.

We've been playing better as of late but we head to Manhattan on Saturday to visit our old friend Keyontae Johnson and the current top team in the B12 Kansas State. It may just be that the B12 is the premier conference in the nation this year.
    I think the Big 12 is the superior conference. My Volunteers took down Kansas a month ago. They get Texas this weekend. From top to bottom, I do not think the SEC is very good this year. I doubt they'll fare well in this weekend's challenge

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the Big 12 is the superior conference. My Volunteers took down Kansas a month ago. They get Texas this weekend. From top to bottom, I do not think the SEC is very good this year. I doubt they'll fare well in this weekend's challenge
    Here is an odd one. Kansas St. got beat by Butler earlier in the year. 76-64.

If you can accurately predict the eventual national champ today, you could make a lot of money. There is essentially no favorite this year. Should be a crazy March (now watch all four #1 seeds make the Final Four!).

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-27-2023),dubc47834 (01-27-2023),Revering4Blue (01-27-2023),westofyou (01-27-2023)

JMU beat Coastal Carolina last night and I learned that Cliff Ellis is somehow still coaching. In fact, he’s been at Coastal for 16 years, making this the 4th different team he’s coached for at least 9 years (South Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, Coastal). That feels like some sort of record.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

Boston Red (01-27-2023),cumberlandreds (01-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you can accurately predict the eventual national champ today, you could make a lot of money. There is essentially no favorite this year. Should be a crazy March (now watch all four #1 seeds make the Final Four!).
    This is the kind of year someone like Kentucky wins. Not a clear cut favorite, so some random blue blood that played poorly all year gets hot in the tourney and wins it all.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    JMU beat Coastal Carolina last night and I learned that Cliff Ellis is somehow still coaching. In fact, he’s been at Coastal for 16 years, making this the 4th different team he’s coached for at least 9 years (South Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, Coastal). That feels like some sort of record.
    Damn, Cliff Ellis started his head coaching career in 1972 (51 years ago!!!!) and has won 904 games. I did not know that. He did get a few years off between Auburn and Coastal, but that's one helluva career.

11. Likes:

Chip R (01-27-2023),cumberlandreds (01-27-2023),RichRed (01-27-2023)

Damn, Cliff Ellis started his head coaching career in 1972 (51 years ago!!!!) and has won 904 games. I did not know that. He did get a few years off between Auburn and Coastal, but that's one helluva career.
    I remember him at Auburn. IIRC, he had some good teams down there. I think I did see him at CC a year or two ago and was very surprised he was still around. I had almost forgot about him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is the kind of year someone like Kentucky wins. Not a clear cut favorite, so some random blue blood that played poorly all year gets hot in the tourney and wins it all.
    Don't ruin the fun!

I hope you are right about Kentucky. But I don't see that from them. Way too inconsistent and Cal would start coaching again and mess things up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I won my bracket pool the year 7 seed Connecticut beat 8 seed Kentucky in the title game using that same theory

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I won my bracket pool the year 7 seed Connecticut beat 8 seed Kentucky in the title game using that same theory
    That year was hilarious. Wasn't UCONN's best player like Shabazz Napier? Wtf?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Yep, here's the box score from the Finals. Napier scored 22 in that game.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Sta...nnecticut.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

St. Joe's had them dead to rights in the first round, and UConn escaped in OT. They rolled from there.

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-27-2023)

St. Joe's had them dead to rights in the first round, and UConn escaped in OT. They rolled from there.
    I remember that. Someone on UConn made just a great hustle play to save that game for them. I don't remember the exact circumstances but I can remember it being just a great play.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?