Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Florida is in a rebuild with a new coach. Curious to see how Golden does but that doesn’t look too promising.
    Rebuild? That is so 2020...LOL. Six of WVU's first Seven were not on the roster last season. In the era of the portal, I am not sure there is much building or rebuilding that will take place.....almost new team each season at many places. They beat us 2 seasons ago when WVU was #11 in the country and Castleton hung 21 points on us.....he had 3 on Sunday.

Still my post was not so much bragging about beating FL, it was more to point out that WVU is still not getting the respect it should based on the point spread at tip and the final score.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Huggins does not fare well against Xavier. I expect that to continue next weekend in Cintas Center.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK has played Kansas 4 times. This will be the 5th this season. Also have played once, WVY, Texas Tech and Baylor. They also are on a rotation with Kansas in the Champions Classic.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Sta...challenge.html
    they missed the boat this year.....it was right there for them with WVU/UK.....the ole HOF Coach and returning National POY could have settled some unfinished business, or at least they could have pushed that angle....
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Facts is facts.

I did not see Marquette squashing Baylor in the Big East/Big XII opener coming.

Facts is facts.
    Huggins? Huggins has been the coach at WVU for a single game against Xavier.....2008 Sweet 16 when an unranked WVU lost to #12 Xavier in OT. I should thank Xavier, because that was great experience as much of that roster was very young and ended up taking WVU to the Final 4 in 2010. Btw, how many Final Fours has Xavier reached?

I do not know his record when he was the coach of that other metro college in southern Ohio, nor do I care because it lacks relevance. This is not 2008, and if WVU plays like it has the first 7 games of the season, WVU will have won the game and literally broken the spirit of Xavier when the final horn sounds. That UF team that WVU curb stomped by 29 points literally had the lead on Xavier during the 2nd half......
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Huggs will finish his career 8-11 against Xavier. Should be fun!

Syracuse stinks. I enjoy that, because Boeheim is the worst.

speaking of Boeheim.....Huggins passed Calhoun in career wins last week and now only behind Boeheim and K.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I don't know about the worst but gee I remember him coaching Syracuse in my youth. I can still vaguely remember the Louie/Bouie vs. Ernie/Bernie game.

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of Boeheim.....Huggins passed Calhoun in career wins last week and now only behind Boeheim and K.
    And how many NCAA titles has Huggins won?

Rebuild? That is so 2020...LOL. Six of WVU's first Seven were not on the roster last season. In the era of the portal, I am not sure there is much building or rebuilding that will take place.....almost new team each season at many places. They beat us 2 seasons ago when WVU was #11 in the country and Castleton hung 21 points on us.....he had 3 on Sunday.

Still my post was not so much bragging about beating FL, it was more to point out that WVU is still not getting the respect it should based on the point spread at tip and the final score.
    Read Rojo-Rijos post earlier. He’s a Florida fan and even admitted that Florida has a lot of players who don’t mesh with Goldens system. In that sense, yes, it’s a rebuild.

Thoughts on Grant McCasland replacing Huggins when he retires?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Apparently a bit of a holiday hangover for Purdue struggling with a terrible Florida State team.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

A dominating performance by the Hoosiers last night. The defense made Carolina look very mediocre. That defense also kept the game closer than it really was because of all the fouls.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-01-2022),Sea Ray (12-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    A dominating performance by the Hoosiers last night. The defense made Carolina look very mediocre. That defense also kept the game closer than it really was because of all the fouls.
    The Hoosiers sure did look great and it was a fun game if you're a Hoosier fan. I will caution you this as a Tenn fan...Last year we beat UNC handily in late November but by March the tables had turned. My Volunteers couldn't make it past the first week of the tournament while the Tarheels made it all the way to the final vs Kansas. Things change. May your Hoosiers weather the season better

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-01-2022),Revering4Blue (12-02-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Hoosiers sure did look great and it was a fun game if you're a Hoosier fan. I will caution you this as a Tenn fan...Last year we beat UNC handily in late November but by March the tables had turned. My Volunteers couldn't make it past the first week of the tournament while the Tarheels made it all the way to the final vs Kansas. Things change. May your Hoosiers weather the season better
    North Carolina better learn how to shoot from the field or they are going nowhere this year.

Turn Off Ads?