Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

I think we all thought this Final Four could have a couple of teams that wouldn't have been predicted. But who had all four? We are guaranteed to have a mid major in the finals, SDSU or FAU. One of those two will face a major conference team but an unlikely one at that. Going into the Final Four UConn will be the favorite as they are playing better than anyone left. But with the way this tournament has gone expect the the unexpected and a couple of typical March Madness finishes to games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

My One Shining Moment was picking Miami to make the Final Four, the only one I got right. That’s somehow good enough to land me in 2nd place out of 48 in our office bracket contest. What a fun, wild tournament this year.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

4. Likes:

westofyou (03-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    My One Shining Moment was picking Miami to make the Final Four, the only one I got right. That’s somehow good enough to land me in 2nd place out of 48 in our office bracket contest. What a fun, wild tournament this year.
    I landed U Conn but I don't have them going any further so I'm done

I had Miami, UConn and Creighton in a money bracket. So close to dominating. But still a great chance to win if UConn beats Miami.

I had Marquette over Kansas in the final so I’m done, but can still finish no worse than 4th in the pool. Only one participant’s championship pick is still alive, UConn.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Caitlyn Clark isn't terrible.

9. Likes:

Chip R (03-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Still very optimistic about Golden
    Same, I also couldn't take another year of Mike White 'slow it down, run the clock' basketball, the record this year might be worse but I enjoyed the games a LOT more then the past few years.
    Go Gators!

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-27-2023),Rojo Rijo (03-27-2023)

In the one bracket I filled out I picked UConn and SDSU. Should've done more gambling this year, I would have won a lot of bracket contests.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-01-2023),Sea Ray (03-28-2023)

In the 4th quarter against the number one ranked and undefeated SC Gamecocks, Caitlin Clark scored all 11 of Iowa's last points and assisted on the other seven. If you've never seen her play, tune in Sunday for the finals. She gets to the rim, shoots from 25 feet, has incredible play making instincts. I kind of can't stand her because she's a menace to the Hoosier women...and a little bit of a punk. But she may be the best guard to ever play the game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

15. Likes:

Chip R (04-03-2023),Revering4Blue (04-01-2023),texasdave (04-01-2023)

Caitlan Clark's performance was one of the finest I have seen in a big game.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Caitlan Clark's performance was one of the finest I have seen in a big game.
    She is the real deal if you want someone to learn the game of basketball just DVR any of her games...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    In the 4th quarter against the number one ranked and undefeated SC Gamecocks, Caitlin Clark scored all 11 of Iowa's last points and assisted on the other seven. If you've never seen her play, tune in Sunday for the finals. She gets to the rim, shoots from 25 feet, has incredible play making instincts. I kind of can't stand her because she's a menace to the Hoosier women...and a little bit of a punk. But she may be the best guard to ever play the game.
    I don't get punk vibes when watching her. She plays with a lot of spunk and energy and definitely has a swagger. But then of course she's never played any team I root for so maybe I'd think differently.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

SDSU vs UConn in the finals. Who you got?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    SDSU vs UConn in the finals. Who you got?
    Rooting for State but I doubt they will have enough.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Elaborate please, Krono too.

Why this take?
    To me they seemed to play with a very arrogant air to them. They appeared to me to reflect their coach, who also seems arrogant. He had some comments after the UK game that I didn't care for(having more "dudes" than UK). While his comments were probably true, he seems like an asswipe, who loves to be the center of attention, whether he's on the sideline or in the opposition's locker room trying to inject himself into their celebration. .

The little Nowell dude was also cocky and maybe even unsportsmanlike. When one of the UK players was shooting FT's he stood behind the UK shooter and shouted at him just as he was releasing the shot. Gamesmanship and not a big deal , I guess, but it's not a great look. Also, I could have done without Nowell's many gun gestures after his baskets. Terrific player, and very, very fun to watch, but I kinda thuggish behavior on the court. I kinda thought that of the whole team. Hope they finish dead last next season.

Nowell actually played for Roderick Rhodes at Cordia HS in Knott County, KY back about ten years ago. He was a 7th grader on that team. Interestingly enough, he was MIA for the last one-third of that season. Maybe he moved on to somewhere else or maybe the gun gestures didn't go over well in eastern KY.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 04-02-2023 at 12:40 AM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Turn Off Ads?