Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fairchild

Re: Fairchild

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Has to be the favorite for 5th outfielder next year. Speed, pop and defense. Could be Chris Heisey?!?!
    Whatever happened to him?
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    The Reds aren’t signing a “real impact free agent” to play outfield in 2023 during a rebuild.
    We will certainly see, and I must admit that I find your consistency in your desire to punish the ownership of the team by continually discussing their penurious nature to be admirable. But it'd sure help the discussion area of a discussion board if you weren't do dogged in dismissing literally every attempt to discuss the Reds.

4. Likes:

Mitri (09-25-2022),Old school 1983 (09-25-2022),RedTeamGo! (09-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    We will certainly see, and I must admit that I find your consistency in your desire to punish the ownership of the team by continually discussing their penurious nature to be admirable. But it'd sure help the discussion area of a discussion board if you weren't do dogged in dismissing literally every attempt to discuss the Reds.
    Discussing how cheap and idiotic the ownership is IS discussing the Reds. Me giving my opinion that the Reds aren’t going to sign an impact player this off season IS discussing the Reds.

I’d like the Reds to go with a $150 million payroll and try to win the Central in 2023, but I really doubt that’s going to happen.
    Last edited by LeatherPants; 09-25-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Discussing how cheap and idiotic the ownership is IS discussing the Reds. Me giving my opinion that the Reds aren’t going to sign an impact player this off season IS discussing the Reds.

I’d like the Reds to go with a $150 million payroll and try to win the Central in 2023, but I really doubt that’s going to happen.
    We all understand that.

Most of us agree.

We'd still like to discuss the rest of it, though, without continuing to wallow in ownership's greed and penury.

While you're likely correct in your comment, it isn't discussion at all-- it's beating a dead horse.

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-25-2022),RedTeamGo! (09-25-2022),texasdave (09-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    We all understand that.

Most of us agree.

We'd still like to discuss the rest of it, though, without continuing to wallow in ownership's greed and penury.

While you're likely correct in your comment, it isn't discussion at all-- it's beating a dead horse.

When someone posts something about their hope that the Reds are going to sign an impact player in 2023 and I happen to see it, I’m going to continue to give my opinion on that. If that annoys you, please feel free to put me on ignore. I promise it won’t bother me, and you’ll probably be happier.

Or perhaps you could follow board rules:

It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please
    You seem to be intelligent, and I typically enjoy the posts you make that aren't obsessed with ownership. I'd like to read more of those.

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-25-2022),RedTeamGo! (09-25-2022),Sea Ray (09-26-2022)

I think Fairchild can be considered as a piece in the position player group going forward. He can play all three spots and has a solid hit tool so far. I'm hoping that he and Friedl can be the reserve OF for the next good Reds team. I think Fraley has earned a starting spot for next year but the Reds need 2 OF better than these guys. You can count on the farm for 1, gotta sign the other from FA.

Didn't the Reds do that multiple times? That they got it wrong is a different conversation, but let's not pretend that they did not sign Geno, Cast, Moose to big contracts. And yes, they let them go. Well all except Moose. They got younger, and sure, cheaper. They may have replaced every one of them with better versions too.

As for the original topic, I love a guy that is a dead ringer for One Punch Man. He seems like a guy that could be the team's regular CF actually, if given the time to grab the position. I'd be ok seeing him out there the majority of the time.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    As for the original topic, I love a guy that is a dead ringer for One Punch Man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I love a guy that is a dead ringer for One Punch Man.

Extra points for Stu if he make the OPM theme song his walkup music.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I think Fairchild can be considered as a piece in the position player group going forward. He can play all three spots and has a solid hit tool so far. I'm hoping that he and Friedl can be the reserve OF for the next good Reds team. I think Fraley has earned a starting spot for next year but the Reds need 2 OF better than these guys. You can count on the farm for 1, gotta sign the other from FA.
    We all know they will go on the cheap with any free agent signing. I'm sure there are other candidates, but thinking along the lines of what led them to sign Tommy Pham this past off season, they might take a look at a guy like Wil Myers. He isn't going to get a multi year contract from anyone and perhaps playing in GABP could revive him from an offensive standpoint. It'd be a hugely unexciting signing, so right on par for the 2023 Reds.

18. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (09-26-2022)

The current ownership is not going to sign a good FA to a multi-year contract. They have been burned doing that too many times. The most risk they are likely to take is to extend a pre-arb player or sign a veteran FA to one plus an option. As Reds fans we might as well get used to turnover.

Turn Off Ads?