Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairchild

Fairchild

Feels like every other bit player with a small taste of success gets gassed up a little or talked about for a spot for next year but no such love for old friend Stu.

I'm not really sure if it is anything more than a Quad-A bench player but after starting his career 2 for 26 with 3 different teams he certainly seems to like being back in a Reds uni given his 5 HRs and 1.000+ OPS in limited playing time.

Any members of the fan club? I'm not sure I want to be President but maybe I could be Secretary.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

M2 (09-25-2022),Ron Madden (09-24-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fairchild

Given that he still has options I'd carry him on the 40 man through the winter. Definitely keep him over Aquino and Senzel at this point.

Probably nothing more than a bench piece or AAA starter but given their current mlb ready depth (or lack thereof) doesn't hurt to continue his tryout into next season.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-24-2022),Ron Madden (09-24-2022)

I really like Fairchild as a fourth OF/ small side platoon guy/ bench bat.

He can play a credible CF and be a plus glove at either corner spot. He has speed. He generally provides decent ABs.

The guy's not an All-Star, but I suspect he'd outproduce either Aquino or Senzel if given the same number of PAs and should be a solid platoon mate for Friedl or Fraley.

The Reds could do worse. They are currently doing worse, in fact.

7. Likes:

M2 (09-25-2022),Revering4Blue (09-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Feels like every other bit player with a small taste of success gets gassed up a little or talked about for a spot for next year but no such love for old friend Stu.

I'm not really sure if it is anything more than a Quad-A bench player but after starting his career 2 for 26 with 3 different teams he certainly seems to like being back in a Reds uni given his 5 HRs and 1.000+ OPS in limited playing time.

Any members of the fan club? I'm not sure I want to be President but maybe I could be Secretary.
    If he gets 100 PAs he will get drafted in our Strat league… only needs 32 more

9. Likes:

M2 (09-25-2022)

Guy was a .900 OPS bat in AAA. Seems to be a .900 ops bat in the majors right now. After watching the Senzel crap show in center it’s hard to see how this guy isn’t getting starters reps. Play him until he shows he doesn’t belong.

Start with a 7-year, $214 million a year offer and negotiate from there.

I’ll be an undersecretary. I like his swing — very quick with strong top hand to pull and plane to generate backswing on balls hit in the air. He’s surprised me, for sure. Hard to argue with those saying at this point he’s worth trying ahead of Senzel and Aquino. Ability to play all 3 spots helps.

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-25-2022),Tom Servo (09-25-2022)

i'm fine with them going into 2023 with Fairchild and Friedl being the center field combo. That allows the team to focus assets/cash on other areas of need.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    i'm fine with them going into 2023 with Fairchild and Friedl being the center field combo. That allows the team to focus assets/cash on other areas of need.
    For 2023, I'd like to see the Reds target a RH-hitting platoon mate for Fraley at one corner and a real impact free agent at the other corner.

Fairchld, Freidl, and Fraley are adequate placeholders. Sadly, that may be one of the two or three best things to come out of the 2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    For 2023, I'd like to see the Reds target a RH-hitting platoon mate for Fraley at one corner and a real impact free agent at the other corner.

The Reds aren’t signing a “real impact free agent” to play outfield in 2023 during a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I really like Fairchild as a fourth OF/ small side platoon guy/ bench bat.

He can play a credible CF and be a plus glove at either corner spot. He has speed. He generally provides decent ABs.

The guy's not an All-Star, but I suspect he'd outproduce either Aquino or Senzel if given the same number of PAs and should be a solid platoon mate for Friedl or Fraley.

The Reds could do worse. They are currently doing worse, in fact.
    That's where I'm at. He has an appealing range of baseball skills and he hasn't been overwhelmed. That's the buy-in for being on the roster next year. Fairchild could turn into a pumpkin next season (or even next week), but at least he's at the ball and showing some moves on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    The Reds aren’t signing a “real impact free agent” to play outfield in 2023 during a rebuild.
    I doubt they'll go big, but I'm hoping they can perhaps hit paydirt on a good value signing. Always seemed like the sweet spot for the Reds was hitters with BA/OB tools and something to prove. Bring them to the GAB where they can get a power boost.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

19. Likes:

Fil3232 (09-25-2022),Old school 1983 (09-25-2022)

Fairchild’s role next year will probably be to replace Aquino in the role of pre-arb bench RHH outfielder.

Helps Reds avoid going into the market to fill that spot. Timely.

21. Likes:

elrojo (09-25-2022),M2 (09-25-2022),Revering4Blue (09-25-2022)

All in on Stu, as I was in the 2017 draft thread.

23. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-25-2022)

What would you say.....ya do here?

Has to be the favorite for 5th outfielder next year. Speed, pop and defense. Could be Chris Heisey?!?!

Turn Off Ads?