Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chart, number of analytics guys and payroll for each team

Re: Chart, number of analytics guys and payroll for each team

Maybe Nick Krall is brilliant with a long term plan, but the Reds are going to fire him before it comes to fruition because the fans need change. And then the next GM can take over, take all the credit, and then drive the organization back to futility. Why do I feel like this is possible? Because I have hope that the Reds can briefly be good this decade. At least I've seen it in other decades.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Actually, while Dick Williams was GM, the Reds were reported by national media to have one of the ten largest analytics departments in baseball.

The saddest thing is that if this chart is true, the Reds are the only NL Central team with less than ten analysts.
    That's actually plausible that the Reds might have had a larger analytics department under Williams.
    Wasn't it reported that a lot of Reds employees left the organization during the fire sale ?
    I have to imagine that it would be pretty demoralizing to work for a guy like Phil C .. like why would a good analytics guy want to just sit around and twiddle his thumbs and wait for the farm to produce?
    Bad organizations in all industries struggle to retain good employees.
    And of course, it's possible some people were cut during covid, or perhaps since the Reds were tanking, Phil didn't want to keep guys that "just sat around playing around with calculators all day"
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pulled off of Reddit actually makes me assume that it's NOT accurate
    Listened to a podcast episode a couple weeks ago (99PI maybe?) talking about how unreliable Google is these days. The story producer being interviewed said the best way to become informed on something is often to google the topic + reddit and review the advice given there. Reddit doesn't have a profit motive, there is a feedback system that theoretically pushes the best advice to the top, and the folks in those communities are usually much more passionate/informed than a random internet user.

Doesn't mean I'm pulling data from Reddit, but thought it warranted sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pulled off of Reddit actually makes me assume that it's NOT accurate
    LinkedIn is probably a better indicator. You can get a decent idea of an analytics staff if you know a few names and then follow the connections and job titles.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

westofyou (09-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Listened to a podcast episode a couple weeks ago (99PI maybe?) talking about how unreliable Google is these days. The story producer being interviewed said the best way to become informed on something is often to google the topic + reddit and review the advice given there. Reddit doesn't have a profit motive, there is a feedback system that theoretically pushes the best advice to the top, and the folks in those communities are usually much more passionate/informed than a random internet user.

Doesn't mean I'm pulling data from Reddit, but thought it warranted sharing...
    All data is good, but unless validated take it with a grain of salt.

Especially when examining a marketplace that is not always known for transparency.

Turn Off Ads?