Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Am I Listening To? (Part III)

Re: What Am I Listening To? (Part III)

I’ve put off giving it a listen for 15 years, but Green Day’s 21st Century Breakdown isn’t that bad. It’s like American Idiot but less good. I think it holds up pretty well. There’s some noise, but a handful of bangers too.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The new Peter Gabriel album is genius to the point where i was speechless listening to it.

If you love him, you will love this record.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (12-11-2023),Redhook (12-05-2023)

I do try and go back and listen to some bands that I dont listen too much to anymore-

A new found love is INXS. Their career arc is pretty fascinating, the early 80s stuff is new wavey- they somehow came out of that era with some great....I dont even know how you would classify it- pop with some groove....a little rock....

Whatever it is, it is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I do try and go back and listen to some bands that I dont listen too much to anymore-

A new found love is INXS. Their career arc is pretty fascinating, the early 80s stuff is new wavey- they somehow came out of that era with some great....I dont even know how you would classify it- pop with some groove....a little rock....

I can testify to the high school dance icon status of "Don't Change".
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (01-25-2024)

Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians - What I Am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl3bdE3YQA

I totally forgot this song existed and I randomly came across it yesterday on youtube while working. Holy smokes I forgot how good this song is. Edie' voice is fantastic. this song was released in 1988 and it sounds like a song from 1993. Ahead of its time.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

ShyGuy (01-30-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians - What I Am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl3bdE3YQA

I totally forgot this song existed and I randomly came across it yesterday on youtube while working. Holy smokes I forgot how good this song is. Edie' voice is fantastic. this song was released in 1988 and it sounds like a song from 1993. Ahead of its time.
    My wife really likes her, a lot. We went and saw her five years ago and it was a very good show. Back in the day the deadheads knew that the guitar used an envelope filter to achieve that sound as it was used on Estimated Prophet the prior decade

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-18-2024)

I’ve seen Green Day making the rounds with their new album which caused me to revisit some of their early/mid career stuff. (Up to the trio of albums)

Well over 30 years into their career…they’ve put together a damn fine catalogue. Respect.

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (01-25-2024),Revering4Blue (01-28-2024)

They call me "chef"

Their new album is not as good as their AI and prior albums but it’s the best thing they’ve put out in a long time and it’s fun. At this point, you have to appreciate a decent record even if it’s not a true return to their creative peak.

15. Likes:

kaldaniels (01-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

When I moved to Sydney in '81, there were flyers everywhere advertising INXS at the local pub. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to pronounce it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

17. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-20-2024)

Love the Etta James version, but this version kicks butt too

https://youtu.be/07rT1t2hkDU?si=3HfPQDGYdvtMepsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

19. Likes:

ShyGuy (01-30-2024)

If we aren't getting new music from Radiohead, then The Smile is a pretty great replacement.

Me and my friend Bobby as mentioned in the other thread used to call him LL Uncool J jokingly. But some of his older tracks I grew to like. Round A Way Girl and this one

Didn't expect a new Billy Joel song in 2024.

And it's not bad!

23. Likes:

ShyGuy (02-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

And it's not bad!
    The song honestly didn’t do much for me but it was still cool. 1st new single in over 30 years for him?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

And it's not bad!
    I think it is one of the most stunningly beautiful pieces of music to come out in years.

I had tears- to hear him singing over a 6/12 waltz again- it is an instant classic and they lyrics could not be more fitting.

Oh I love this song.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Justin timberlake song- Im a fan of high quality pop music- could not be better. Just great.

Turn Off Ads?