Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today is National CD Player Day (anyone still own and play CD’s ? )

Re: Today is National CD Player Day (anyone still own and play CD’s ? )

How many cars even come with CD players now?
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    How many cars even come with CD players now?
    None.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

About 20 years ago I likely had 2,500 CDs or to be exact CD-Rs. My University had an audio-visual library and you could check out CDs and make copies. I was totally OCD about burning at least 12 CDs every weekend especially when the library acquired numerous Bear Family box sets of artists from the 50s/ 60s. Those not familiar with Bear Family, they are a German Publisher who are totally obsessive when it comes to be complete. They put out for example three Jerry Lee Lewis box sets each with 12 + cds and a hardbound book. Many cds would cover an entire recording session so a cd may include 6 takes of High School Confidential. I likely burned 30+ Doris Day discs which I never listened to and gave to an 80 year old neighbor. Same for Dean Martin, Hank Snow, Waylon Jennings, Frankie Lymon, Louis Jordan, Brenda Lee, Pee Wee King, complete Sun catalog-6 boxes with 60+ disc.
    Today I may have about 500 cds. I could easily cut that down to 50 which I mainly listen to when I am working out. It is just easier to listen to XM/satellite/Pandora. Had to toss most of the CD-Rs since I could sell them (violation of fair use).

5. Likes:

goreds2 (10-09-2022),Roy Tucker (10-10-2022)

Turn Off Ads?