Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2

Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2

Title says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2: Who’s Fault Is It?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Title says it all.
    Things aren't that bad. We're tied for 1st place. According to tie breakers, we're in 1st

4. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-03-2022),Kingspoint (10-03-2022)

"So Fla Red"

Not understanding the thread title as things are looking much better now than 8 days ago.

Only three teams in the AFC with more wins after the first month

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-03-2022),membengal (10-03-2022)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I nominate a new thread title: "Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2: Whose Division Is It Anyway?"
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

8. Likes:

GAC (10-03-2022),Redhook (10-03-2022)

Yes I would.

Would the Bears offer a top 10 pick for Tee? Probably not.

I would then take Peter Skoronski and Jahmyr Gibbs and call it a draft.
    ^Quoted from previous thread. So you still trust the Bengals when it comes to drafting offensive lineman?

IMO, the only team that will contending with the Bengals for the division title this year will be Baltimore.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-03-2022),redsfandan (10-04-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I nominate a new thread title: "Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2: Whose Division Is It Anyway?"
    I nominate a new thread title: "Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?"
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-03-2022)

To go back to the previous thread's discussion on Tee... The Eagles just traded a 1st round pick for AJ Brown, and the Cardinals traded a 1st round pick for Hollywood Brown. Higgins is significantly more valuable than Hollywood, and probably pretty similar to AJ Brown, especially when you factor in injury history. So yes, I think somebody would trade a 1st for Tee, but I don't think the Bengals would consider it. Tee isn't Chase, but he's a top WR in the NFL. PFF had him as the #9 rated WR in 2021, and that was fighting through injury. The last 6 games when he was healthy he was top 5. I feel like the discussion about whether somebody is a #1 WR is similar to the debate about whether somebody is a #1 starting pitcher, but either way Tee would be the best WR on at least half of NFL teams.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-03-2022),Fil3232 (10-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Things aren't that bad. We're tied for 1st place. According to tie breakers, we're in 1st
    Stupid thread title, and screw you for whoever came up with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Title says it all.
    Title says more about you than it does about the 2022 Bengals.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

Redhook (10-03-2022)

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2

I updated the thread title to remove the editorializing, for lack of a better word, and typo.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-03-2022),membengal (10-03-2022),Redhook (10-03-2022),Tadasimha (10-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    To go back to the previous thread's discussion on Tee... The Eagles just traded a 1st round pick for AJ Brown, and the Cardinals traded a 1st round pick for Hollywood Brown. Higgins is significantly more valuable than Hollywood, and probably pretty similar to AJ Brown, especially when you factor in injury history. So yes, I think somebody would trade a 1st for Tee, but I don't think the Bengals would consider it. Tee isn't Chase, but he's a top WR in the NFL. PFF had him as the #9 rated WR in 2021, and that was fighting through injury. The last 6 games when he was healthy he was top 5. I feel like the discussion about whether somebody is a #1 WR is similar to the debate about whether somebody is a #1 starting pitcher, but either way Tee would be the best WR on at least half of NFL teams.
    Who were the other recievers/TE on the Titans? Higgins is lucky he's in Cincinnati. He has 2 other receivers and a Top 5ish QB here. He's not going to find that anywhere else. He's not a #1. He'd struggle in Chicago or anywhere else where they don't have any other good receiving options/QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Is this a bengals thing? To overrate your receivers to a pathetic degree? I remember everybody in this board said ocho cinquo was better than Randy Moss. Still think that way?
    Well, now you have a stud. Chase. He has a chance to be great. And all this board talks about is Higgins. If Chase doesn’t become as good as Moss or Rice, it’s on you Cinci. And right now, in 2022 you are not using him to the best of his abilities.
    Last edited by Betterread; 10-03-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Tee Higgins is a top 10 WR, it's kinda weird to get aggro about that just because the Bengals also have a top 3 guy.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

23. Likes:

Fil3232 (10-04-2022),Hillsdale87 (10-04-2022),membengal (10-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Tee Higgins is a top 10 WR, it's kinda weird to get aggro about that just because the Bengals also have a top 3 guy.
    Arguably top ten. If I squint, he looks kind like he kind of belongs to a group of second tier guys. But For receiving yards, he was 17th in 2021, and 11th on 2022.

Chase drops too many balls to be top 3. He’s close, but he has to get open more and drop less. And he’s 13th in yards in 2022, so he not close this year. Even though his team is to blame. The production is not there this year.
    Last edited by Betterread; 10-03-2022 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    ^Quoted from previous thread. So you still trust the Bengals when it comes to drafting offensive lineman?
    Skoronski is being projected as the top OT in the draft. If the Bengals are wrong then a lot of other teams will be as well. Only thing that concerns me is with his size and build he looks like who he would be replacing.

I trust Tobin to draft an offensive lineman just not when Paul Alexander has any say in it. They hit on Volson, whiffed on Carman who was an Alexander pick.

Problem with the trade though as I said in the previous thread is the Bears will probably be picking in the top 10. Most of the time when WRs or players are traded for draft picks it’s mid to late round.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?