Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2

Re: Cincinnati Bengals 2022 Part 2

Baltimore should be favored largely because the running game is so bad for the Bengals. But this defense was built to contain Lamar. After Lamar utterly embarrassed them in every way possible in 2019, the Bengals made an effort over the next two offseasons to sign guys who could tackle and be disciplined in their assignments. If Lamar was playing like 2020 and 2021, I'd feel really good about Sunday. But he's elevated his game. The Bengals may have to get over 30 points for the first time this season to win. And they definitely can't afford to make this the week they pound the ball to "fix" the running game. Let Joe chuck it 40+ times.

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Christian McCaffery is available and the Panthers are willing to take on part of his 2023 salary to make a deal work. The contract: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina...caffery-21749/

The acquisition of Marshall Faulk is what made "The Greatest Show on Turf" work. Bengals have all the pieces except for the Runningback.

What the Panthers want are something the Bengals' Mike Brown has never ever been willing to give up....draft picks, and it's going to take at least one 1st Rounder.

You have to trade Mixon away the same day to keep the peace in the lockerroom. But, what an upgrade!!!!

The rest of the AFC would be scared to death with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst and McCaffery, all getting throws from Burrow.

Get 'er done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I dub this post weird. YTD Higgins has 315 yards receiving and Chase 293. Those are the two most in the division. And that's the before the passing game has really gotten untracked. They are both tracking to around 1300+ yards. Bengals have two #1 receivers. Right now teams are rolling coverage to Chase - HARD. That means Higgins is gonna eat. Teams will have to balance that soon - and then Chase will eat. Even as it is, they are both eating.
    There aren't five Receivers who have produced more than Higgins over their last 17 games. That's a 1A Receiver under any scenario. We not only have two 1's, but we have two 1A's.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-05-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They’ve hardly used Mark Andrews because he’s been double covered. Since there are no receivers for Jackson to throw to it means he either has to force it or create with his legs. If Lou puts two linebackers on him to spy it’ll likely shut him down.
    That's absolutely correct,...the same way we haven't used Chase. Bateman is currently injured. He'll play, but he's injured. Logan Wilson will be all over Andrews, but a Safety over the top is still necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    So you would pay both Chase/Higgins the same contract?
    They come up different years, so no.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Christian McCaffery is available and the Panthers are willing to take on part of his 2023 salary to make a deal work. The contract: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina...caffery-21749/

The acquisition of Marshall Faulk is what made "The Greatest Show on Turf" work. Bengals have all the pieces except for the Runningback.

What the Panthers want are something the Bengals' Mike Brown has never ever been willing to give up....draft picks, and it's going to take at least one 1st Rounder.

You have to trade Mixon away the same day to keep the peace in the lockerroom. But, what an upgrade!!!!

The rest of the AFC would be scared to death with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst and McCaffery, all getting throws from Burrow.

Get 'er done!
    Hmmmm…..it’d be worth it even with his injury history. If he was healthy just one year/playoffs, they’d be impossible to stop.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Hmmmm…..it’d be worth it even with his injury history. If he was healthy just one year/playoffs, they’d be impossible to stop.
    This is a trade that would take our offense to the next level. I’d rather they find someone younger and healthier (think Javonte Williams before he got injured last week), but there’s nobody else who is clearly available…

I’m fine with offering a first round pick for CMC.

Anything beyond that I’m leery of. He’s not a QB and that is the only position worth surrendering multiple picks for and we have one of those.

With the Bengals past history I’d be afraid of turning into the LA Rams. The Rams are the 2000s Arizona Diamondbacks, a veteran laden team with no vision for the future. Id rather hold onto draft picks and spend them when necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

And, we're talking about "the difference" between Mixon's and McCaffery's contracts, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Here's a good video of Chris SImms breaking down how terrible/vanilla of a playcaller Zac Taylor is. I have a feeling we're going to look back in like 5 years and realize just how mediocre of a coach Zac is and how we were just lucky to get to the SB last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOWjhkG5_Q
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 10-08-2022 at 01:00 PM.

11. Likes:

redsfandan (10-09-2022),RiverRat13 (10-09-2022)

Here's a good video of Chris SImms breaking down how terrible/vanilla of a playcaller Zac Taylor is. I have a feeling we're going to look back in like 5 years and realize just how mediocre of a coach Zac is and how we were just lucky to get to the SB last year.

Can’t disagree with that. I grade Taylor with a solid D for the first 4 games. He was completely underprepared and outcoached the first 2 games. They won the next two, but it wasn’t great and still sloppy. His play calling, overall, has been terrible. That said, I hope and think he will improve. If not, it’s been a massive waste of some serious talent.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I am fine with Taylor the coach...Taylor the OC not so much.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (10-09-2022),RiverRat13 (10-09-2022),The Operator (10-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I am fine with Taylor the coach...Taylor the OC not so much.
    If Taylor the coach holds himself to a culture accountability that he says he holds the players, then Taylor the OC should be on borrowed time.

16. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-09-2022)

Taylor definitely needs to get it going on offense. I gave him a pass last year for some of the inconsistency because it's hard to scheme around a terrible OL. It clearly still has issues this year, but everything is too vanilla. Theyve had a couple of drives that look great, but then they don't sustain it. 27 the last 2 games looks good, but it still didn't look how it should. I think my perspective is also a bit warped from watching OSU every week...

It's strange because Taylor has an offensive background and is a good HC. Callahan is well thought of throughout the league. But they need to do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of funny to watch that and as Chris is saying how the Bengals offense doesn’t work against a Defense like Miami, the score graphic sits at the bottom the whole time: “Bengals def Dolphins 27-15”

Chargers hold off the Browns and the Steelers look like trash against Buffalo.

Gotta take care of business tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Browns find new ways to lose every week. It’s amazing. Been going on for decades. It honestly makes me think NFL = WWF wrestling at times.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?