Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Loretta Lynn Passes Away

Loretta Lynn Passes Away

Country music legend Lorretta Lynn passed away this morning at the age of 90. Her music resonated in the area I came from,eastern Kentucky, especially her song Coal Miners Daughter, A local Coal Mine Museum in Benham, Kentucky had many of her artifacts on display that she had donated to them and it really helped that museum get off the ground. RIP Lorretta Lynn

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...s-90-rcna42483
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 10-04-2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2022),Kingspoint (10-04-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Loretta Lynn Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Country music legend Lorretta Lynn pass away this morning at the age of 90. Her music resonated in the area I came from,eastern Kentucky, especially her song Coal Miners Daughter, A local Coal Mine Museum in Benham, Kentucky had many of her artifacts on display that she had donated to them and it really helped that museum get off the ground. RIP Lorretta Lynn

Loretta was as genuine as they come!!! RIP, Queen of Country.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

5. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2022),cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),goreds2 (10-04-2022),mth123 (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

Just unmatched, just great as you could get. Wrote her own songs too. A rare gem in that genre. Saw her 25 years ago and it was great

7. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2022),cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),goreds2 (10-04-2022),mth123 (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Country music legend Lorretta Lynn pass away this morning at the age of 90. Her music resonated in the area I came from,eastern Kentucky, especially her song Coal Miners Daughter, A local Coal Mine Museum in Benham, Kentucky had many of her artifacts on display that she had donated to them and it really helped that museum get off the ground. RIP Lorretta Lynn

The coal mine museum I mentioned still has the artifacts she donated many years ago. I saw them a long time ago but don't remember specifically what they were now. Link is below. My parents drove over to "Butcher Hollow" one time to see the house she grew up in. They told me it was basically a shack and it was roped off so you couldn't go inside or that close to it. It was always amazing to me that such a big star came from such an area as small as I grew up in.

http://kycoalmuseum.southeast.kctcs...._exhibits.aspx
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2022),goreds2 (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

One of my Dad's absolute faves...he saw her in concert years ago might have been when she was touring with Conway Twitty. We watched Coalminers Daughter when we were kids probably about 20 or 30 times.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2022)

An all-time great. RIP.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2022)

One of the greatest songwriters and song stylers of all time. She could write a tearjerker, then improve it with her delivery. Loved her early stuff, but I adored her late career stuff. That record produced by Jack White (Van Lear Rose) was near perfect. And this one is too:

She was 84 (I think) when she recorded "Whispering Sea." Her voice is still powerful and clear.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2022)

One more, just because:

17. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

An American original. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),goreds2 (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

I really enjoyed her collaboration with Jack White. She seemed to enjoy that work. It was good stuff.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Force of nature.

22. Likes:

westofyou (10-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?